Steam & Sauna Area and Happy Hour?

Plan B

My parents have just arrived back from the Canaries on the Spirit. On the Freestyle Daily it states "Steam & Sauna (Complimentary) 8am to 10pm" I have seen the area marked "Steam & Sauna" on the deck plans and assumed there would be a charge. My parents are denying all knowledge of this, does anyone know if the Steam and Sauna are free to use and not part of the Spa?

Also, every evening there was a "2 for 1 Happy Hour 5pm to 7pm" Does anyone know if this will still be offered over Spring Break or Easter?

Hope someone can help.

Cheers :)

I can help a little about the spa, but only from looking at the deck plans and talking to my sister, who has been on the Spirit. The Spirit does not have a full spa. I've noticed on the Sun the deck plan shows the sauna and steam room, and I heard somewhere it is free with a treatment. Since the Spirit is a very similar ship to the Spirit, I guess that might be the case there.

When we were on our cruise in late January, they no longer offered 2-4-1 drink specials, but had a happy hour with two drinks for a set price, like $15.00. Can't say about Spring Break, though.

The Spirit, Sky, and Sun do not have Thermal Suites like the newer ships. So there is no spa pass. They do have sauna and steam rooms though, and these can be used without a fee.

Thanks for all your replies. We are going in just over 2 weeks so I don't have long to wait - but I'm not known for my patience LOL

Really, really hoping the Happy Hour is still available :D

Thanks for all your replies. We are going in just over 2 weeks so I don't have long to wait - but I'm not known for my patience LOL

Really, really hoping the Happy Hour is still available :D

The Spirit is a wonderful ship with a great crew.

Even if the happy hour is not available.

Go to Champage Charlies and enjoy!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Back from the Spirit & went to the sauna and steam room nearly every day - was great - sat in the sauna staring out to sea, what could be better :D

But no "Happy Hour" :( The ship was full so I guess they didn´t feel the need to offer incentives to get people into the bars because the bars were pretty full.

We had a good time regardless ;)

Archived