question about solo traveler and dancing

redhydra

I know it might seem silly to ask but, what is a social hostess? Are they the female equivalent of gentlemens host? At least it what it look like from what i rea

No, the social hostess is much more than the female equivalent of gentleman host. I have observed that the social hostess has done following:

1. Organizes and hosts the first single travellers' get-together/meeting, sends out list of those who write down their names/cabin nos/interests on her list.

2. Is official supervising the gentlemen hosts

3. Is MC/hostess of the balls held on board; MC of pax talent show

4. Is hostess of the Captain's reception/cocktail parties

5. Invites/hosts single travellers' luncheon/dinner

6. Periodically, roams around the Queen's Room in evening and greets pax; dances when invited for a dance

7. Has organized an afternoon tea dance as special event to complement regular afternoon tea in Queen's Room

They likely have other duties that I'm not aware of.

Janet's an excellent dancer, she was travelling with her mother when I met her. Nice to hear she's been hired.

I think this is the same person. Janet did part of the world cruise with her Dad in 2011, and we started seeing her sitting with John quite a bit. She was gone for a while, then came back with her mother. Not long after that, I saw a news story that they had married.

If it is, she was a very nice dancer and was often seen on the dance floor most nights.

How nice for her to have employment on the same cruise line

I think this is the same person. Janet did part of the world cruise with her Dad in 2011, and we started seeing her sitting with John quite a bit. She was gone for a while, then came back with her mother. Not long after that, I saw a news story that they had married.

If it is, she was a very nice dancer and was often seen on the dance floor most nights.

How nice for her to have employment on the same cruise line

I read somewhere that Jean Labelle and his wife Janet met on board, and Janet was a dancer with the show troupe. I'm sure with her background she would be a good social dancer.

Archived