Fantasia cancel sea day

Nicinici

I bookedtw 7 day cruise from venice on 24 march. Just read from MSC web site that the original sea day on march 30 will be changed to visit Dubronvik in the morning, and back to Venice at the same time as original schedule. Is it unusual? How could they do that? Weird is that I did on-line check in already, but MSC did not notify me. I just read it from their web site.

Every cruise line reserve the right to change or alter itineries as they need to for a host of reasons, at least you are getting a port stop and not a sea day instead of a port stop! it is not unusual for cruise lines to not inform passengers of minor changes.

I bookedtw 7 day cruise from venice on 24 march. Just read from MSC web site that the original sea day on march 30 will be changed to visit Dubronvik in the morning, and back to Venice at the same time as original schedule. Is it unusual? How could they do that? Weird is that I did on-line check in already, but MSC did not notify me. I just read it from their web site.

We are on this sailing as well & I was notified by my TA, though I had already seen the change myself on MSC website. Kindly join our roll call if interested in shore excursions etc.

Cheers!

We are sailing on Fantasia on 28th April and we've been notified by email on this change. Additional port might be good news for some people I suppose. I've been to Dubrovnik, seen what I wanted to see and I'm not sure if I will get off the ship this time. Dubrovnik is beautiful but too expensive to just "hang around". And I like sea days :)

But my concern is that if the time is supposed to spent on sea day for travel, how could the ship get back on time ?

It will arrive in Venice on time. They would not have added it in, if it couldn't be accommodated. Thrybthe may just go a bit faster during the evening but it's on the way back anyway so not a detour.

Dubrovnik is a wonderful place. Personally I'd be happy with that change.

We are on this sailing as well & I was notified by my TA, though I had already seen the change myself on MSC website. Kindly join our roll call if interested in shore excursions etc.

Cheers!

We were notified of the change by MSC, seems good to me, would like to see Dubrovnik! We are also on the March 24th sailing, where can I find the roll call?

We were notified of the change by MSC, seems good to me, would like to see Dubrovnik! We are also on the March 24th sailing, where can I find the roll call?

Hi Oreilln,

We are looking forward to the added stop as well.

I created a roll call here but so far no one else has signed in. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1795807

Please join the Roll Call and maybe we can seed some interest in shore excursions etc.

We are also sailing on the 28th April, there have been three changes since we booked last June. Kotor (the one port we really wanted to see) was replaced with Corfu, with no notification, then port timings changed followed by the addition of Dubrovnik. We have been to all the ports before bar one, probably would not have booked with this itinerary. Will enjoy the cruise as always, allegrissimo will see to that!

Have you had experience with beverage packages on MSC before? Are they worth it? We are definately going to have a bottle with every dinner, as well as some fun drinks if they strike our fancy. Trying to decide if we should do a package, and which one?

Have you had experience with beverage packages on MSC before? Are they worth it? We are definately going to have a bottle with every dinner, as well as some fun drinks if they strike our fancy. Trying to decide if we should do a package, and which one?

There are a few options and they can be good value for money. The key is what you want to drink, when you want to drink it and how much of it you drink.

There are 3 main types

1. All Inclusive , two versions Allegrissimo and Allegrissimo Premium. The former is almost half then price of the former nut includes premium brands and the mini bar.

2. Unlimited wine or beer at meals - Cheers package. This doesn't cover anything other than wine, beer or soft drinks consumed during lunch or dinner. If you are going to be ashore at lunch, then you need to decide if you'd drink enough at dinner to make the cost worthwhile

3. Specific drinks packages I.e a beer package or a cocktail or wine. These work on a voucher system, where you get one voucher for each drink. Typically you get 2 free out of 2.

For 1 & 2, everyone in the booking needs to buy the same package.

Archived