Dolphin Swim out of the question because ...

... husband has refractory epilepsy, but we're thinking it would be safe for him to do the Dolphin Encounter (standing waist-high on platform while dolphins come to you). I also have epilepsy, by the way, but fortunately mine is controlled. Is the Dolphin Encounter worth the $75? Of the things we have on our list to do before we leave this earth, touching dolphins would be one of them.

It really doesn't make any difference which port.:rolleyes: But... I believe I recall that she'll be on Cozumel, at Chankanaab, right Em?

I think the Dolphin Encounter is wonderful. You're in the water with the dolphins, they do come right up to you and kinda nuzzle you, and you can pet them all you like. It's a wonderful feeling. I had wanted to do that for a long time, and finally did. FANTASTIC! I wouldn't take anything for my memory of that great time. Go for it!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have always adored Dolphins and I too did the encounter when I last visited Cancun. I am a non swimmer and wasnt able to do the whole swimming experience but I still loved it.

I often look back at my momento photograph with fondness, you will not be disappointed. Go for it.

I did the encounter too. I have MS so the swim was out of the question. It was great. They tried very hard to get me to hold the dolphin but I coundn't. so the trainer held him and I kiss him (the dolphin that is).

Archived