Are there restrictions on food items

Acouplewholuv2cruise

This is not cruise related but hoping someone on the boards may have an answer. We are going to our timeshare at Atlantis for the first time early 2006 and would like to take our own meats with us. I have e-mailed the timeshare and they have only told me to call the Bahamas customs office. I have checked the web and find no information other than what tobacco, liquor and camera items can be brought in from the U.S. I would like to not have to make the phone call.

We have cruised to the Bahamas and even flown to the Atlantis Resort before but can't remember if the imigration form had any prohibitions to food items being brought into the country.

So, do any of you know the answer? Or if any of you will be cruising or flying into the Bahamas before February of 2006 could you let me know what if anything the immigration form asks regarding food items. My e-mail is kcfager@yahoo.com.

Karen

You can take meat in it's origianal wrapping (or rewrap and bring or reattach the store labels to show that this is a USDA approved meat). You are NOT allowed to bring precooked food (homemade), or raw fruits and vegetables. Other than those items, feel free to bring along whatever ou need from home.

Archived