Magic & Cozumel

Please don't flame me if this has been discussed, but I noticed on Cozumel thread that the Magic could not call on Cozumel because of winds? I have never heard of missing Cozumel. This was supposed to happen on Mar 1.

because strong winds due the northfront hitting the island yesterday, ship could not dock and call to the island was canceled

FWIW, I was on the Conquest in Cozumel on Friday. We saw the Magic start to pull up on the other side of the pier from us and then leave again. 30-45 mins later when we got off the ship and onto the ferry for our mainland excursion, we couldn't see the Magic. As we got partway across, I saw her out in the open water NW of the pier, closer to the NCL pier.

When we got on our tour bus the guide said the Magic had almost hit the Allure of the Seas and was cancelling Cozumel. The Magic wasn't there when we returned from our excursion at about 4:30 pm.

The water was fairly choppy, enough that they offered us a full refund on the mainland excursions if we decided not to go. I'm glad we went because the weather in Tulum was perfect: overcast and cool.

If true I'm sure someone that has returned today will confirm...hmmm' date=' I could see it possible...wasn't too long ago she bumped the dock due to high winds I believe...I would HATE to miss that port! :([/quote']

We were on the Magic when she hit the pier. We heard from a number of staff that morning that the Captain had almost decided against stopping in Cozumel because of the high winds and choppy seas. Even though they had to fix the damage I'm still glad we made it there, that's my favorite port and would hate to miss it too!

Archived