Waiheke Island in February

MRSBITS

We are looking at a stay on Waiheke Island for part of our post-cruise stay. Would like to know how many days we should plan for us to enjoy the beaches and wineries?

Whenever we have been in Auckland, we always take the ferry over to Waiheke. In one day you get a quick overview, and leave wishing you had more time there. My son has easily stayed a week on many occasions. I would take a guess at 4 days minimum, esp when you are probably travelling elsewhere in NZ. A lot of Auckland locals visit for the whole weekend regularly. Suggest you hire a car...easy driving.

I just went there by ferry yesterday and enjoyed it very much. I think the car rental idea is spot on because the roads are not too crowded and there are lots full of available cars right as you get off the ferry.

The beaches are beautiful, the water very clear, and there are thirty wineries.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I just went there by ferry yesterday and enjoyed it very much. I think the car rental idea is spot on because the roads are not too crowded and there are lots full of available cars right as you get off the ferry.

The beaches are beautiful, the water very clear, and there are thirty wineries.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, bobhsv and Going Coastal! We have made reservations to stay on Waiheke Island for two nights; and will probably pick-up a rental car at the ferry wharf.

Carolyn

Archived