Land & Sea

Yellowlily

My DH and looking into booking a Land & Sea package (3 days on land and 4 on the cruise). We will be traveling with a one year old. Any input about the Land & Sea package? Haven't picked the resort yet. Looking at the Beach Club for now. About dinner - what place has one of the nicest steak/seafood fare?? What parks do you recommend investigating that a one year old would like? At least be able to enjoy the sites and sounds. I take it, all of them. I've only been to Epcot and my DH hasn't been for over 20 years. Thanks for any input!

Haven't done this myself, but everyone suggests to book the Land and Sea separately. You can save money and have more control over the resort you stay at. The only downside I can see is you are not already checked in for the cruise, which is not a really big deal anyway.

a place called dis boards (dot) com (no spaces) will have tons of Disney Park & Resort info as well as Cruise info.

Depending on the category of cabin you want, you can actually save money if you book the Land/Sea together, as we did. We are going this August, and staying at the Beach Club.

Since my husband refuses to cruise without a balcony, we automatically were booked into a deluxe hotel. My choices were Beach Club, AKL, or the Poly. The cost of booking a deluxe resort separately is more than with the land/sea package, at least at that time of year.

If you do not want a balcony, and are not interested in a deluxe hotel, it will be less expensive for you to book separately. That could also allow you to take advantage of other booking specials.

As far was what parks to visit, I really think that anywhere you want to go will be fine with a 1 yr. old. There are great sights and sounds in every park, and I wouldn't just limit myself to the MK...but I would definitely make sure that you have planned rest and nap breaks.

Also be aware that you can switch off at the Baby Swap for rides that are not appropriate for your child. This allows all the grownups to experience anything they want, without an extra long wait in line.

I agree that disboards is incredibly useful. Virtually any question you have can be answered there. You may also want to try allearsnet.com. The site lists menus for all the restaurants on property (and all kinds of other great information), so you can have an idea of where you might like to eat.

One final thought -- I booked our airfare separately, and saved enough to purchase another night at the beach club (so I don't have to waste park passes on a travel day), and still save $200...

Have a magical trip!

If you are staying in a deluxe hotel, defininitely consider Animal Kingdom Lodge. When we took the land sea last year, cruiseline guests were automatically assigned to a Savanna view room, so unless that has changed, not only is it awesome to have hot and cold running giraffes outside your door, but it makes for a great deal since the mark up for that view can be steep.

Archived