What are YOU avoiding by daydreaming of your cruise?

I am currently working 54 hours a week at a landscape/garden center in the middle of Tennessee heat and humidity. At a greenhouse, there is nowhere to get cool because inside is actually 10 degrees hotter than the outiside.

At least I can work on my tan, right?

But instead of just sweating it out and being miserable, I am printing off cruise reviews to read while I am there and planning out my excursions. I have really daydreamed about this September vacation and that is about all that has gotten me thru these last few hot weeks...

What are you avoiding by your daydreams?

Oh MAN...

I'm working on my masters degree in technology and need to spend a lot of time on the computer. I go pick up my brand spanking new, top of the line, computer today! What am I looking forward to the most? CRUISE INFO! Not the fact that I have the latest and greatest technology that will help me through my classes...

I sit down here with the BEST of intentions of working on my next powerpoint presentation for class and end up doing what I'm doing right now, researching my next cruise.

*sigh*

Maybe I'll do my next presentation on cruising...

I am off for summer teaching. I should be doing the things I put off during the school year, defrosting my freezer, cleaning out the basement and garage, etc. Instead I sit at my computer looking at Cruise Critic at least 3 times a day. Wanting to go on another cruise and dreaming.

Between working full-time and working on a masters degree part-time I get pretty stressed out. Our cruise is still 11 months away, but these daily thoughts keep me motivated to keep plugging away at all of the rest!

Thoughts of my upcoming cruises are what pulls me through when I have a really stressfull day at the office.....

I take a few minutes away from business emails and log into CC to catch up on all the latest cruise news :D

I am the General Manager of a 150 suite luxury retirement residence with 8 department heads and 60 staff reporting to me.....I Spend a good part of my day solving other people's problems - doesn't leave much time for my own! :eek:

Pretty much everything....

Not really, still have to live in the real world but do check this website every day. Still planning excursions and learning about different places we will visit. To me that is 1/2 the fun.;)

When my day is full of meetings I sometimes just start daydreaming. A lot of the time I'm actually planning out my packing list for my cruise in Oct.05 and May 06. Planning our excursions, jotting down any planning thoughts that pop into my head. When I'm at my computer I try to pop into CruiseCritic just to get my fix.

Kerrie

I also check this site everyday and have it saved in my "favorites" folder for easy access.

Honestly, researching and learning about destinations is part of the fun of destination travel in my opinion.

It certainly does help these day go by faster or at least more pleasantly

Today, it is raining at the landscape center - don't know which is worse:

working outside in heat waves or working outside in rain....

For the past 3 months, I've been searching for any and all cruise info...I work as a "Goddess of Garnishments" for a large employment company (and all their affiliates) and It has been very difficult to stay on task and cut 300+ checks a week. It doesn't help that I actually found out and booked the cruise from someone I share an office area with, (so we are cruising together) and another office-mate is cruising in July, and another 2 just got back from cruises...So.. the talk at work has been, yes, you guessed it....CRUISING! Then I get home...do mommy stuff, and get back on the computer to see what all you lovely people have to say.....

I think I am going to go through withdrawl after my cruise next week....

(Hopefully- we will have a fantastic time, and then we can begin planning the next one! WoooHOOO!):D

good topic... I am avoiding preparing for my department's sarbanes-oxley audits starting monday... looks like I must spend all day Sunday working to catch up...

I'm relieved to see that you're not in Tennessee, Bill! I'm a SOX Consultant! And I daydream about upcoming cruises to avoid those control matrices! ha ha ha

I'm in my third year of law school and am taking a full load of classes this summer so I can finish early. Daydreaming about cruises is what is getting me through not having a break before I go straight into fall classes and then again straight into the bar exam. I just keep looking at my countdown clock to figure out how many days I have to get through before it is all over and I will be cruising the southern Caribbean.

Archived