Great trip on the Legend!

jen1016

I am just back from sailing the Legend (Feb 24-Mar 3) and had a fantastic time!!

The delay on the first day was very disappointing, but certainly not Carnival's fault. We finally got on board around 8:45 ish and our rooms were ready, which we were happy about.

There was a group of about 40 of us from Canada, and it was just a great time.

The only few things I could complain about it is the food in the MDR was hit and miss as far as being hot or not. We had late seating, so not sure if that made a difference or not. The other was our room steward, other people in our group said their steward made a point of visiting them the first night - we didn't see ours till Wed - he did remember our names after that!

These forums have been a wealth of information and I was quite informed!

Can't wait till next year! Thanks again :)

Jen

Glad to hear that you had a great time! The Legend is a great ship. We went at the end of January and we had the same two complaints that you did. We had anytime dining and the food was hit or miss with temperature. Was your room steward Kadek? We only saw him three times the whole cruise with the first time being on day 2 or 3.

No our steward was Eko, and one day he was in the room when my friend went back to make a drink and tried speaking with him, and he just didn't seem like others we had heard about.

Regardless though, we always had clean towels, he filled our ice after I left a note and I thought the ship was the perfect size for a first- time cruiser

You got on right after us. We always had hot food in the dining room but maybe it's because we always ate at 5:45. Our waiter, Elias, was the best we have ever had on any cruise so we asked for him every night. Our room steward was awful. He acted like it was an imposition to unlock our mini bar and bring us ice on the first day. Never greeted us in the hall (didn't even say hello) and I'm certain he didn't know our names. Room wasn't even clean when we got there. For hadn't been vacuumed and a dirty washcloth in the bathroom.

Just curious, did Carnival do anything special (like an onboard credit) for you because you were delayed so long? Not sure if they would as it wasn't their fault but curious just the same. They were good to us as many people missed their flights due to the delay. We got off the ship about 9 hours late but we had driven so no inconvenience for us. They had lots of activities...even free bingo! And they allowed everyone to use the phones for free so they could call family or change travel plans.

We got a 15 dollar credit for the late departure. I agree about the MDR but if it was cold i sent it back and it was fixed after that. I also agree about the steward he was okay. it was clean and had ice but not friendly except for the last day. Plus he came in room as I was getting out of the shower!

Yes, we received a $15 credit and I notice there was another credit as well of about $4.94, but I am not sure what that was for - that was never explained to us.

I throughly enjoyed myself though, and trying different types of food was great as well. I know, I could have asked for something warmer, but I just hated thinking of all the wasted food as well - so I just sucked it up. It certainly would not change my mind about sailing on the Legend again.

I booked this trip through a travel agent - there was a group of us from Canada that went - so I am wondering when would it be time to start looking at pricing for next year?! I believe he always looks for around the same time of year in February. Since he did all the arranging, I don't know if we got a good deal or not!

Archived