Elevator Access to Dining?

berbet

I'm booked on the Breakaway. But just read someone's post about the Epic where they said that the elevators do not stop on the dining floors and you instead have to take the stairs. I have a bad knee and don't do stairs. I'm now concerned. I know we don't know what the Breakaway is like yet, but is this the way the other NCL ships are? Will I have to eat in my room because I can't walk up and down the stairs to the restaurant? Should I call NCL?

I haven't seen the post you're referring to, but having just gotten off the Epic yesterday, I can assure you that the elevators stop on all decks, including those with dining.

Thank you! I couldn't imagine they didn't. This person was complaining about their trip and this was one of a long list of complaints. Thanks, that makes me feel much better.

I found the "review" you're referring to. :rolleyes: perhaps those things really happened, but I have my doubts. I should clarify one thing, if you want to get to Taste, which is deck five mid-ship, you would need to use the forward elevators, the aft elevators do not go to deck five. You may find a similar layout on the Breakaway, but I'm confident that you'll be able to access all decks by elevator.

Taste is mid-ship on deck 5 and the aft elevator only goes to 6 where the Manhattan Dining Room is. If you are in the rear elevators and want to go to Taste, just get off on 6 and walk forward to mid-ship and down the escalator.

I have been on several NCL ships and found that only one of the four aft elevators will stop at the MDR level. the hostess station is mid level and you have to tell them you are on there to be seated.:)

Archived