Personal Photographer?

Is it possible to have a private photo session with one of the photographers on the ship? Any idea the pricing or what would be involved?

Specifically, I'm talking about on the Grandeur.

Thanks,

I can't vouch for RCCL because I haven't sailed them before, and it's been years since DH has sailed with them and things are always changing...but I would suspect they do have a "private photo session" available now as most other larger lines have them. We sailed on Carnival and Princess lately and they have professional shot sessions available. Carnival will give you a photographer for an hour session at no charge. They will do random shots around the ship including sunset photos and even on the private island as well. You simply pay for the photos you would like or the full package. Princess was quite a bit riduculous in their prices (you couldn't just buy a few shots, you had to buy packages) with the least expensive package being about $700 I believe to the most expensive which was about $4000!!

I am interested to see if anyone chimes in about their experience with this on Royal. This photo is one done by Carnival on the back of the ship.

cruise_us.jpg.f7755eeec7514a9d20e01664b0fb0ac8.jpg

I did navigate around to find the photo company that Royal uses and they do sell private services. I just couldn't really figure out the timing or the pricing. I'm sick of the 'corny, staged' shots and want something a bit more creative for the 6 grandkids (age 14 - 25) on our next cruise.

So, I'm still searching for anyone with experience . ..

I did navigate around to find the photo company that Royal uses and they do sell private services. I just couldn't really figure out the timing or the pricing. I'm sick of the 'corny, staged' shots and want something a bit more creative for the 6 grandkids (age 14 - 25) on our next cruise.

So, I'm still searching for anyone with experience . ..

Unless you bring your own photographer, you will always get those same shots on any Royal Caribbean ship…We’ve been on 5 over two continents, all the same pictures over and over, its pretty clear they have to follow the same idea over the entire fleet :D

My best bet would be you meet up with somebody that can take great pictures and have them take tons…Buy them a drink :D. We did an entire photo-shoot last cruise between two couples (met on the ship), delivered tons of great shots and for most it was great fun :D

There are the "lifestyle" sessions.

Basically, it's a white background and you are able to choose how you want to pose in your photos. The photographer can or may have some suggestions.

We did the lifestyle photos on our last cruise and had some amazing photos taken.

You can take your own things to use in the photos.

We took hats and feather boas :):)

Thanks for all your thoughts and ideas. I've seen the 'Lifestyle' backgrounds and I'm not thrilled with that, either.

I'll just see what we can do while onboard. I'm looking for something that will not look like we are on a cruise. The grand kids aren't able to get together too often and I would like a nice picture of them.

Thanks....

Last year on the Oasis I know they had a private session option, I was watching the sunset one night and a couple was having their session done. I think I remember the session was about 3o mins. Can't remember the price.... And I know it was posted in the daily compass newsletter.

Archived