Do Wine & Roses Come with a Romance Suite?

micheleg

Hiya All,

We're booked in a "Romance Suite" on the Jewel for a Transatlantic - Miami to Barcelona. Does anyone know why they call these suites "Romance Suites"? Doesn't look like there's anything different than the other Penthouse Suites except the size.

LOL..will my butler come serenade us in the evening and throw rose petals on the bed for the nightly turn-down? If that's the case....wooohoooo....this could be the most memorable cruise ever!!! :D

If anyone's got some insight...and if a trip to Victoria's secret is mandatory before I pack...please let me know! hahahahaha...what a hoot!

Thanks all,

Michele :)

I believe it's called a Romance Suite b/c of the overall decor of the cabin. Other than that, you are correct about the only difference being the location & size. Oh, & since it is your honeymoon a visit to Victoria's Secret is a MUST ;)

Here is a list of the amenities that are provided in that category....

Categories AB through AE - Penthouses

NJewelBalcony.jpg

Oceanview with Balcony

EMBARKATION

1 Bottle of Domestic Champagne

1 Floral Arrangement
(not sure if they will be roses though)

1 Small Tray of Hors D'oeuvres

1 Fruit Basket*

1 Bottle of Spring Water

*Replenished upon consumption

BATH AMENITIES
(L'Occitane)

Cotton ball & Q-Tip Caddie

Shampoo &
Conditioner

Bath Gel

Moisturizing Lotion

Milk Facial Soap 1.7 oz (20% Shea butter)

Verveine Soap 3.5 oz (20% Shea Butter)

Bath salts, presented in container

Loofah Mitt

Shower Cap

Sewing Kit

Shoe Shine Mitt

OTHER

Butler Service

Concierge Service

DVD & CD Player

DVD & CD Library

Alarm Clock

Bathroom Scale

Bath Robes (Upgraded Robe)

Complimentary Pressing for Formal Night

Feather Pillows

Upgraded linen and towels

Full Breakfast Menu

Newspaper- when available

Turn Down Food Amenity-Formal Night

In-Suite Dining

I believe it's called a Romance Suite b/c of the overall decor of the cabin. Other than that, you are correct about the only difference being the location & size. Oh, & since it is your honeymoon a visit to Victoria's Secret is a MUST ;)

Hi Niya,

Thanks for the info...and even though it's not our Honeymoon...we're not even married...maybe I should pretend and hint around a little bit? ;)

:eek: Sorry. I think I was trying to do too many things at once. I guess I confused your post w/ something about a honeymoon & put it together. OOOPS :p Oh well, have fun anyways! But still go to Victoria's Secret!;)

Niya...since you're on the Jewel before us...please let us know how it was...full details please!!! What type of cabin did you book?

Will do!;) I am booked in a balcony guarantee. Hopefully, I'll get a good cabin from the upgrade fairy;)

Hiya All,

We're booked in a "Romance Suite" on the Jewel for a Transatlantic - Miami to Barcelona. Does anyone know why they call these suites "Romance Suites"? Doesn't look like there's anything different than the other Penthouse Suites except the size.

LOL..will my butler come serenade us in the evening and throw rose petals on the bed for the nightly turn-down? If that's the case....wooohoooo....this could be the most memorable cruise ever!!! :D

If anyone's got some insight...and if a trip to Victoria's secret is mandatory before I pack...please let me know! hahahahaha...what a hoot!

Thanks all,

Definitely go to Victoria's Secret and then head right over to the music store and buy Bocelli's "Romanza" CD. I insist the three go together... that is the suite, the lingerie and the music.

Definitely go to Victoria's Secret and then head right over to the music store and buy Bocelli's "Romanza" CD. I insist the three go together... that is the suite, the lingerie and the music.

Woohoo...got the suite...already got the CD...just need the new thingy from Victoria's secret!! :eek: hahahaha...wish that was all the shopping I would do before a cruise.

Thanks for the info girls...it always helps in the planning...

BTW...just to let everyone know...I really like it over here on the NCL boards! They can be so stuffy over there on the Celebrity boards!

Thanks all! :)

Michele

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again everyone...just thought I'd update this thread. My honey asked me to marry him tonight!!! :) So now I am officially engaged. We have decided to have our wedding on the Jewel the day we sail for Europe, so I guess it was a "good" omen that I booked the Romance Suite. Who knew??? I certainly did not have a clue.

Funny...we always get so excited for a cruise, now we have something even more special that we'll always remember and what a way to start a honeymoon!

Just thought I'd share the good news with all of my Cruise Critic friends!

What a happy evening!

Hi again everyone...just thought I'd update this thread. My honey asked me to marry him tonight!!! :) So now I am officially engaged. We have decided to have our wedding on the Jewel the day we sail for Europe, so I guess it was a "good" omen that I booked the Romance Suite. Who knew??? I certainly did not have a clue.

Congratulations!

Niya must be psychic!

Hope you have a lovely wedding and a wonderful cruise!

Micheleg,

Wonderful news--best wishes!

I just read this thread for the first time today. Our Romance Suite on the Dawn (category AD) had a king bed that could not be separated into two twins--we assumed that's why they labeled it for romance :) .

As for wine and roses, the answer is probably yes! There was a bottle of champagne and a floral arrangement provided for us. The butler can serve you a private dinner in the cabin, or breakfast on the balcony, for example, so it can be very romantic.

Have a wonderful wedding and cruise.

Carol Louise

Funny...we always get so excited for a cruise, now we have something even more special that we'll always remember and what a way to start a honeymoon!

Just thought I'd share the good news with all of my Cruise Critic friends!

What a happy evening!

:eek: Oh my! Maybe I should get paid for this! ($3.99 a minute). Anyone else want me to tell their future?!? :p Congratulations!!!

Thanks Sunshine! Yes...I believe Niya was psychic..lol..but I did have my boyfriend read her post, so maybe that provided a little boost to the idea! :)

YEAH for me... I finally persuaded a man to do something! :p

Hi Niya...you most certainly did...I'm very grateful! :)

Also..another update..called The Wedding Experience today..the date is booked and confirmed. So, the wedding will indeed be onboard the Jewel on 4/30/06! I'm so excited!!!

Michele

You will have a beautiful wedding and honeymoon memory. We got married in the NCL Sun chapel in December 2003 (no guests, it was like eloping) and honeymooned onboard. We also celebrated our first anniversary by cruising on the Sun in 2004.

When the staff knows you got married on board, they really go the extra mile, esp since you have a suite. Be sure to order a grand 4 course dinner from one of the specialty restaurants (you'll have all the menus in your suite) with champagne for a private balcony celebration. VERY romantic!!!

We also used the Wedding Experience and Anna there was an absolute doll to work with.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa & Serendipity!

Melissa...I spoke with The Wedding Experience yesterday and reserved the date and paid the amount for the base package, knowing that we will be doing a reception as well. I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience with them. I don't know if Anna works on the NCL weddings anymore as the only two coordinator names I was provided with were Cheryl and Joan.

Have a great day today everyone!

• 9 months later...

Thanks MrsBrown! Only 31 one days til we get married on the Jewel. I'll be writing a full review of the wedding and cruise upon our return from Barcelona towards the end of May!

All of the wedding planning and finalizaion is in full force now, along with the standard cruise planning. Just makes the anticipation of this sailing even greater than usual!

Thanks to everyone on the NCL boards for providing so much great information since we've never sailed on NCL before. :)

Michele

Archived