NCL GEM difference of 7 to 9

CSRAJ81

:cool:Will be sailing on the GEM this Nov. 6, 2013, this will be my 3rd time on her, always did a 7 day cruise so i am wondering what is the difference between a 7 and 9 day cruise "besides the extra days". I would think 2 more shows are added plus 2 more dinners, so what do they serve and show? :confused:

The two extra days make a big difference on the itinerary.

On a 9 day sailing from NYC you get into the Caribbean proper.

On a 7 day sailing you only go as far as Bahamas.

That's the main difference IMO.

The 7-night NYC to Florida/Bahamas has absolutely no appeal to me. The extra two nights make everything so much more relaxing and really extends the vacation. The second sea day is my favorite day of the cruise - you sort of know the layout, are settled into your cabin and you have absolutely nothing to do! (Plus it's warm)

Want to go on the Epic next year but it's only 7 nights, not long enough LOL.

The wasn't anything about the menus or shows that made me think they were padding the days to stretch it for the extra couple of days if that makes any sense.

I have the dailies and will post them in the next few days.

:cool:Will be sailing on the GEM this Nov. 6, 2013, this will be my 3rd time on her, always did a 7 day cruise so i am wondering what is the difference between a 7 and 9 day cruise "besides the extra days". I would think 2 more shows are added plus 2 more dinners, so what do they serve and show? :confused:

Just got off the 2/23 sailing, as was on the 7 day sailing last February. The big difference is there is an extra sea day going down and coming back. Also there is 4 ports versus 3 port stops. One night they combined to shows, one was at 7pm and a different one at 9pm versus the same show showing at two different times.

I have also been on the Gem 7 day and 9 day cruise

I must say the 9 day cruise is much mor relaxing

I guess becasue it took over 2 sailing days to get to the first port

It just seemed like we were at sea forever and I found that so relaxing

With the 7 day it seems as quick as we were sailing south we started sailing north

My friends who I traveled with kept making fun of me on the 9 day because I never got the day of the week correct

Either way 7 or 9 days, you will have fun

Enjoy!!

Archived