Time / The Baths

bling19572010

We get into port at 7:00 AM on a Sunday and plan to get on Speedy's Ferry at 9:00 AM and then take a taxi to the Baths. How much time do you think we would need to drop my mother off at the MineShaft Cafe and then for the three of us to walk down the path and look around some and then walk back up and pick up my mother and then catch Speedy's again? Our ship leave port at 4:00PM. Thank you!

Stopping at the Mineshaft first will take a little more time but I would guess you'd be at the Top of the Baths in less than an hour easily (~10:30) as everything is fairly close together in the Valley.

If you are at the Baths from 10:30 - noon or so you could then meet your mom at the Mineshaft for a lunch around 12:30 (call ahead to order so it's ready when you arrive). You could then taxi back to the ferry and take the Smith's return ferry at 2:15 and have plenty of time to get back to the ship. These times are estimates but should be easy to achieve.

Note that if you take the Speedy's return ferry you'll have to be back to the ferry by 12:15 for the 12:40 return ferry and you will have only about 2 hrs to do everything (not really enough time for your itinerary). If you pay $10pp more you can stay and enjoy lunch and the view at the Mineshaft after seeing the Baths - that's a win win for you. You would buy a $20 one-way ferry ticket to VG on Speedy's, and a $20 one-way ferry ticket to Road Town on Smith's. You'll be paying $10 more per person but that gives you all an extra 1.5 hours on the island and that's worth an extra $10pp.

Stopping at the Mineshaft first will take a little more time but I would guess you'd be at the Top of the Baths in less than an hour easily (~10:30) as everything is fairly close together in the Valley.

If you are at the Baths from 10:30 - noon or so you could then meet your mom at the Mineshaft for a lunch around 12:30 (call ahead to order so it's ready when you arrive). You could then taxi back to the ferry and take the Smith's return ferry at 2:15 and have plenty of time to get back to the ship. These times are estimates but should be easy to achieve.

Note that if you take the Speedy's return ferry you'll have to be back to the ferry by 12:15 for the 12:40 return ferry and you will have only about 2 hrs to do everything (not really enough time for your itinerary). If you pay $10pp more you can stay and enjoy lunch and the view at the Mineshaft after seeing the Baths - that's a win win for you. You would buy a $20 one-way ferry ticket to VG on Speedy's, and a $20 one-way ferry ticket to Road Town on Smith's. You'll be paying $10 more per person but that gives you all an extra 1.5 hours on the island and that's worth an extra $10pp.

Thank you so much Blue_Water!! I knew that I could count on you to get the information that I needed!

Archived