Costa Classica

rubrrick

We are booked in a suite on the Portofino deck (Costa Classica) for next year, and hear nothing but bad reports from deck noise, noise from other suites, blah food etc. Can someone enlighten us on suite living on the Classica? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Am sailing from venice on Sunday 26 June 2005. Am from Uk and not sailed with Costa before bu have cruised before. Am looking forward to it, am a bit wary of negative comments, however, mainly seem to be from Americans, have not found anyone from Uk on this site, but am happy to give you some honest feedback on our return

I was beginning to think that we were the only english-speaking peeps sailing on the Classica on the 26th...wheew. We are americans, from Connecticut (far suburb of NYC). I am traveling with my wife, Her mother and her aunt. Hopefully, we will enjoy this cruise...i think that even with the mixed reviews we have seen (customer service at the excursion desk and food being two oft-mentioned negatives), hopefully an open mind will help us enjoy the cruise more. Not to get too nosy, but what excursions are you looking forward to the most?

We were in a suite on the Classica last September, The suites are lovely, plenty of space. fresh fruit daily, some hors d'oeuvres delivered early evening. You have your own butler who delivers breakfast in bed to you. We did find it a little noisy early in the morning as we were below the outside deck and I think the staff used to clean it and made a noise moving the table and chairs. However, it did not disturb us too much and we managed to get back to sleep fairly quickly. We did not notice noise from the other suites, there are only 5 on each side of the ship. Although one of the restaurants were on the same floor as the suites, we could not smell food in the suite.

Hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, some feedback as promised,

We did enjoy. this cruise, found the food good, plentiful, with lots of fresh fruit salads, etc.

Did not come across many english speaking guests, we were told that there were only just over 100 british passengers onboard, and we only met one other couple from the UK. Other passengers were mainly Italian which is hardly surprising.

Found all of the staff very friendly. We were on the second sitting on table for 8 with only our party of 3 for the whole week which was a bit of a shame. was a bit disappointed that not everyone made the effort to dress up for the gala/formal evenings (2 during our weeks cruise).

Our 16 year old daughter was with us and it was the first time her elder sister had not accompanied us and by the end of the week she was tired of us as she had not come accross any english speaking people of her own age.

All that aside we were pleasantly surprised with the ship:)

Archived