Cenote tour?

There are a number of tour agencies listed at Yucatan Today, you can find them on this page http://www.yucatantoday.com/en/topics/tours-yucatan.

I know people that have used Lawson Excursions, one of the agencies listed above, although I haven't used them, and all recommend their service, same with Mayan Ecotours.

hey, i'm on your cruise!

We want to see a cenote, but also wanted to do Uxmal. We're going to hire out Lawsons - it's expensive bc its just 3 of us, but when in Rome, I mean, Progreso......

if you're interested in joining us, give me a shout.

hey, i'm on your cruise!

We want to see a cenote, but also wanted to do Uxmal. We're going to hire out Lawsons - it's expensive bc its just 3 of us, but when in Rome, I mean, Progreso......

if you're interested in joining us, give me a shout.

Can you forward me the info?? aehigg1 at yahoo dot com. I'll give it a look and talk it over w my son. Thanks so much!!

Hi gratamama! My family and I are not on the same cruise as yours (June trip for us), but we are thinking of doing a mayan ruin and cenote combo like you as well. Please let me know whether Lawsons is able to do that for you. If yes, which ruin and cenote are you guys going to?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If anyone is on the June 17 Carnival Triumph cruise, see my comprehensive post in the roll call for that cruise. We have a wonderful private Cuzama cenote/Yucatean tasting buffet tour planned with William Lawson's but we'd love to have more people join us.

How many cenotes did you see? Were you able to swim in them? I read that some were closed but due to reopen in July. I'm sailing in July and would like to know if this is still worth doing.

Yes! This was totally worth doing. We only went to one (the one in Cuzama) because it is 90 minutes from the ship and time was tight, but it was plenty. It was stunningly beautiful and everyone there would have loved to stay even longer than we did even though we were there for several hours. My 7-yr-old said it was his favorite part of the trip and several well traveled teenagers with us said the same. I really enjoyed riding through the small villages to get there because they were such a contrast to what you see in the port towns. The day was kind of a gray day and would not have been a good beach day, but was totally fine for swimming underground! One word of advice is that your tour guide will bring life jackets and advise you to take them to the cenote if you "can't swim," but bring them even if you do swim because the water is VERY deep in most places and after an hour or two it is fun simply to relax and float and look up at the "roof" of the cenote. You won't regret this tour.

Thanks for the info. I contacted Mr. Lawson and he told me about a ruins/cenote tour to Mayapan. I'm getting more information on that one too. Do you have any pictures that you could share of the cenote? BTW - just noticed you are from Cary. We lived in Asheboro for 7 years and wish we were back there!

Asheboro is lovely. We're big fans of the zoo there. :-)

If you go to Google images and search for Cuzama Cenote ... you'll see a load of pics. I just did that and they are true to what it really looks like. It really is THAT blue and THAT green and THAT big. Our pics look very similar and came out beautifully but are currently on another laptop.

Enjoy your trip!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info. I contacted Mr. Lawson and he told me about a ruins/cenote tour to Mayapan. I'm getting more information on that one too. Do you have any pictures that you could share of the cenote? BTW - just noticed you are from Cary. We lived in Asheboro for 7 years and wish we were back there!

Just wondering if you took this tour and if so what it cost you and what you thought of it?

Autoprogreso also does a tour to Dzibilchaltun Mayan ruins and a cenote from the pier in Progreso. Closer to Progreso than other ruins, and the cenote is supposed to be nice. An excursion I haven't done, but plan to do in the future. Just Google Autoprogreso for details.

• 5 months later...

We did the Dzibilchaltun ruins and cenote tour with Auto Progreso and it was great! With 3 active boys they were way more impressed with swimming in the centoe than the ruins, but that was fine. We looked at a private tour with more cenotes, but that was not in our budget. For $20 the tour with Auto Progreso was great. It also still left time to explore Progreso.

Enjoy