Barbados

waldocruiser1

correct, they have some odd laws, NO camouflage is allowed to be worn, including bathing suits, or anything with even some camo on it (bandanda's, patches, logo's, CELL PHONE CASES AND POUCHES TOO, etc. Keep in mind this is not just military green camo, but all kinds of camo, and all colors, including the digital camo that our armed forces uses now (navy blue, army green, grey/white, etc), realtree hunter camo, mossy oak hats and clothes, etc.

Rucksacks/backbacks are also banned. Also: Persons with HIV/AIDS must register before entering the country, Sodomy remains a criminal offence, Yellow Fever vaccination is required for travellers who are arriving from, or have transited through, countries with risk of yellow fever transmission. The EMERGENCY number is 511, not 911.

I know there's a country in the Carribbean that banned walkie talkies with an external antenna, but I can't remember which one, but if you have em, and they have camo on them, they're banned.

I was just on the Celebrity website looking up excursions for my parents, and saw this noted about no camoflage clothes aloud. They are 78 and 83, and I dont think that either of them have anything in their wardrobe like that:D But I will mention it to them all the same.

I wonder why they have that rule:confused:

I was just on the Celebrity website looking up excursions for my parents, and saw this noted about no camoflage clothes aloud. They are 78 and 83, and I dont think that either of them have anything in their wardrobe like that:D But I will mention it to them all the same.

I wonder why they have that rule:confused:

Camo is only for military personnel

Regarding backpacks/rucksacks - are these really banned, so we cannot take a backpack with us for the day off a cruise ship? Is this referring to an actual "backpacker's" large backpack, or a small daypack? We only travel with daypacks, so hopefully this is not the case!

Thank you for your replies!

Regarding backpacks/rucksacks - are these really banned, so we cannot take a backpack with us for the day off a cruise ship?

You can take a backpack, it just cannot be of camoflauge material.

There are also very strict smoking laws in Barbados, no smoking in public places.

Back in the late 90's there were no restrictions on camo here so it was worn freely but then there was a surge in crime against tourists and the general description given to authorities on almost every occasion is a male in 20's or 30's 5' 7'-5' 9' tall wearing camouflage and mask. The ban had to be enforced to protect the tourism industry on the Island.

Back packs of all sizes and shapes are worn from the ship on a daily basis without any restriction.

There is a no smoking ban in public places with the Cruise Terminal included. If visitors are seen smoking at the Terminal authorities or locals employed there simply request you to stop and advise you to smoke outside the Terminal.:D

Archived