I'm Waitlisted and Have a Question

Hi, Right now I have a crown loft suite paid for and ready to go. I booked with a TA. I asked my TA to put me on a waitlist for the Royal Loft Suite. He did and I know this because the other day the concierge at Royal called me to welcome me and gave me a phone number to call if I had any requests before the cruise which is in April. I asked him about the RLS and he said I was on the waiting list. If and when it becomes available, do you think they will notify me first before putting it on their website as available? And, do you think they will even offer it to me at a discounted price? Thanks

I was only on a waitlist once and that was for an aft JS. I had booked an aft JS, but RC decided to "upgrade" me to a port side JS near mid-ship, despite my having "no upgrades" indicated on my reservation. They claimed that a mid-ship JS is an "upgrade" over an aft JS. By the time I noticed the cabin change, they had already booked someone else in my original cabin and wouldn't move them. After several months I noticed my cabin number had been changed again. I had been moved to an aft JS, not my original one, but at least I got one. I didn't receive any phone calls or emails notifiying me of either change. Both times I found out by reviewing my online information. In my case, the cabin price was the same.

Since you want to upgrade to a more expensive cabin, I think they would notify your TA to authorize the charge before moving you, unless you gave your TA carte blanche with regard to price. I sincerely doubt RC would offer a RLS to you at a discount. The fact that there is only one and it is sold out should be an indicator that it is a prized cabin and passengers are willing to pay for the experience. It it were not sold out and it's close to cruise sail date, then you would have a better chance of getting it a discounted rate.

Do you really think they would just put me in the RLS without informing me of the price? I hope not. I figured if I am on a waitlist, when it becomes available they will notify me and tell me the price. Then I have the option to accept or decline. I'm not sure now you have me thinking. I have to call my TA. Thanks

They will not call you directly. They will call your travel agent and give your travel agent 24-48 hours (depending on demand) to accept or decline the new room. If the agent doesn't respond in that timeframe, it goes to either the next person on the wait list or open inventory.

They should call your TA and give him/her the price for the new cabin. I only mentioned carte blanche because some people tell their TAs that they want XXX cabin, regardless of the price. That allows the TA to go ahead switch the cabin for them if they cannot be reached. If you have a budget, then you should tell your TA not to make a change without confirming the price with you. I've read posts from some people that they had a message about an upgrade but when they called back a few hours later, it had already been offered to someone else. I don't think they always wait 24-48 hours before offering the cabin to another party. It probably depends on the demand for the cabin.

I was waitlisted for a particular cabin category on a Liberty cruise next month when low and behold one evening, after the UK office is closed one comes up on line. By the time I called the next day the cabin had gone on hold in the US. Apparently the computer had 'dropped' my request for an unknown reason which I am still waiting to hear.

Luckily the girl I got on the phone was really switched on and put my name down for a specific cabin number which was due to expire on hold soon and I got sorted but it pays to watch availability.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I asked RCCL directly to waitlist me for a 3 person cabin on our upcoming Hawaii cruise. I don't know what their process is, but I checked twice a day until I found one available on my own and put a hold on it, which I then worked with an agent to swap my existing reservation to the new room.

I never did hear from RCCL about my "waitlist." I would not put a lot of faith in someone calling you.

Archived