OBC or Prepaid Grats from TA?

champmason

I am about to make reservations for 2 staterooms on the Liberty for next winter. I have used an online agency several times for cruising on Celebrity and always gotten a small OBC and prepaid gratuities. I have not noticed offers after checking a few agencies for Carnival. Is this typical for Carnival or should I check further? Do online agencies make an offer if asked about it? What has been your experiences. Thank you!

As the other poster stated Carnival does not allow it. They only allow a gift from TA up to $25 and that is in the form of a gift bag, tote, carnival cruise cash or carnival gift card, etc.

I am finding in the last couple of months with the obc and gratuities paid by TA's on other cruise lines that Carnival is not necessarily the cheapest bang for your buck anymore.

Interesting...when I recently booked with a TA I asked him if there was any OBC available. He checked with his supervisor (?)...and I was given $75.00 per stateroom (2 booked)....It appears in my contract. If Carnival does not allow it, does this mean that the OBC is bogus and will not really be available to me?

Interesting...when I recently booked with a TA I asked him if there was any OBC available. He checked with his supervisor (?)...and I was given $75.00 per stateroom (2 booked)....It appears in my contract. If Carnival does not allow it, does this mean that the OBC is bogus and will not really be available to me?

The OBC is $75 per cabin...if you have 3 people it works out to be $25 per person which is the maximum amount allowed by Carnival.

We are booked for a sailing in June with 3 people in the same cabin and we are getting a total cabin credit of $75 or $25 per person.

MARAPRINCE

Thanks! I have 3 people in one cabin and 2 in the other. So sounds like we should get a total of $125.00 instead of $150.00 the TA has listed. I appreciated knowing this in advance:)

Does carnival make the adjustments if the TA puts in an amount over the amount allowed?

Archived