Best Seats Traditional Dining Freedom of the Seas

I have searched the threads for suggestions of the best seats in the main dining room on Freedom of the Seas but have not been successful in finding any posts. Two of us are scheduled for 5:30 Trad Dining and would apprecaite any ideas as I hope to stop in as we board the ship to talk with the Maitre d. Thank You

I have searched the threads for suggestions of the best seats in the main dining room on Freedom of the Seas but have not been successful in finding any posts. Two of us are scheduled for 5:30 Trad Dining and would apprecaite any ideas as I hope to stop in as we board the ship to talk with the Maitre d. Thank You

I don't know about the best seats but if I could choose, I'd ask for a table right next to the windows. I really enjoyed the ocean view.

++ on flapbreakers response. Last time we were on the freedom, our table of 8 was at the window, and especially at 6 pm dining, it made for great views. There were many (4 I think) two tops that were at the window as well. Find out the matre'd email address and email him and ask for the window. They usually will reply.

You can do all the research you want, but chances are the Maitre d' is not going to change your table location just because you want to sit somewhere you like better.

He probably has a few tables (most likely the least desirable ones) where he can move people if necessary, but he's not going to bump someone else out of "prime real estate".

Table numbers are printed on your SeaPass, and he would have to deal with finding those people and telling them their table number has changed.

Really, wouldn't most people want to be seated near the windows? I think its just the luck of the draw. It would be very unfair to move someone who had been assigned a table near the window ahead of time and had it printed on their card, just so someone else who requested it after boarding could sit there. Why is one person more entitled to that spot than the other?

Really, wouldn't most people want to be seated near the windows? I think its just the luck of the draw. It would be very unfair to move someone who had been assigned a table near the window ahead of time and had it printed on their card, just so someone else who requested it after boarding could sit there. Why is one person more entitled to that spot than the other?

We are talking about requesting a particular table "prior" to boarding not once you are on board.

C&A Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members do get priority seating in the MDR as part of their benefits and these requests are done prior to boarding also.

We like tables in the middle of the dining room. We like to see all the action and usuallly request the largest tables available (10 top). We are traveling with 7 on this cruise so requested an 8 top, but I don't really care to be by the windows during dinner. As long as we are not right where they come from the kitchen, we are good to go.

We are talking about requesting a particular table "prior" to boarding not once you are on board.

C&A Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members do get priority seating in the MDR as part of their benefits and these requests are done prior to boarding also.

The OP said they were going to visit the maitre'd after boarding. They also didn't indicate that they had any particular status. I'm not disputing the correctness of your answer, but it isn't what the OP asked.

When I've been on the Freedom, I always ask for a table on the second deck of the three-deck venue, and at a table located on the alcove areas that jut out over the main deck of the dining room, where the captain's table is located.

I like to people watch and that location affords me a great view of everything that happens in the MDR. And since I'm one of those people who like to see and hear the waiters sing, I get a great view without having to leave my table.

One consideration, I have always done late dining and at that time of the evening, the drapes are usually closed so you can't see the ocean. When the drapes aren't closed, the windows act more like a mirrow, reflecting what's inside the ship instead of a view outside....

++ on flapbreakers response. Last time we were on the freedom, our table of 8 was at the window, and especially at 6 pm dining, it made for great views. There were many (4 I think) two tops that were at the window as well. Find out the matre'd email address and email him and ask for the window. They usually will reply.
The email address would be rcldining@rccl.com Your request will then be sent to the ROC (Restaurant Operations Coordinator) on the ship in question.
The OP said they were going to visit the maitre'd after boarding. They also didn't indicate that they had any particular status. I'm not disputing the correctness of your answer, but it isn't what the OP asked.

I was actually responding to the first quote above. I was hoping that the OP would read the responses in order and see the email address since table assignments are usually done 1 week prior to departure by the ROC.

Since it appears that the OP is looking for a 2-top, then it wouldn't hurt to check with the MDR staff once on board to see if there is anything available that is not being used. Having just done a b2b on Freedom this past December, there were quite a few 2-tops in the MDR and more in MTD.

Ask for what you want and you may be pleasantly surprised. Assume you can have what you want and let them tell you if they cannot fulfill your request. Speaking only for our experience, we request specific locations based on ship even ask if certain table numbers are still in a specific location. This is always done pre cruise with time allowed to get it done. We have so far "knock on wood" never missed getting a request filled as asked.

Communicate with them. They are highly trained and know how to please. Dont forget that special tip for above and beyond service.

I can tell you, we sent an email to the address previously provided by cruisenfever and it worked like a charm!

The following day I received a reply that my request was received and I would hear back once confirmed. Two day later I received a follow-up email with a map of the dining room showing our exact table number and its location (main floor, right in the middle, perfection!!). I am thoroughly impressed by this and it makes me even more excited for our upcoming B2B on Freedom.

And oh yeah, I'm just a lowly Platinum guest.

Send your email with location preference to the address given before. I just did this about 2 weeks before my cruise. REGARDLESS of your RCCL status, you have every right to make a request. I've made request of either tables of just 2 or 4 on both RCL and Disney cruise lines and have always gotten them. Disney, however, does not guarantee it ahead of time. I, like the poster above, got a response the next day and got a great table.

Location depends on what you want. I first requested window and realized with late seating it would be useless so then I had the nerve :D to go back and ask for a table for 6 on the main floor of the dining room and she was more than happy to oblige. She even spent some time talking to me about how great my new location was. No diagrams but I did get a screen shot with table number, etc.

You can also wait until you get on the ship and go ask. Even after my request was granted she told me that I should go check it out and if I was not happy I could change it.

Debbie

I can actually attest that sending your request to this email address does work. We are sailing in just under 60 days. I emailed yesterday thinking it was a shot in the dark and maybe too early, but I got a response today with my table assigment AND a diagram of the dining room. I am so impressed by Royal in doing this that I am even more excited about cruising the Freedom in May!

I can actually attest that sending your request to this email address does work. We are sailing in just under 60 days. I emailed yesterday thinking it was a shot in the dark and maybe too early, but I got a response today with my table assigment AND a diagram of the dining room. I am so impressed by Royal in doing this that I am even more excited about cruising the Freedom in May!

I'm on your cruise and just emailed a table request this morning. Already got a response with diagram as well. Took copnlpn's advice for an alcove table, and got it no problem..

Gonna be a great cruise!

Would anyone be willing to share the diagram of the dining room?

I would be interested in seeing what is available. We are sailing on the FOS with our 3 year old and I would like to have a table for just us. This is more for the comfort of others at dinner. :rolleyes:

Hmm...I am on same cruise and emailed almost a month ago. due to hearing issues we wanted a smaller table, near a wall or window or any location not in the midst of commotion to enable to better hear and participate in conversations. Last year we left it to TA and didn't work out well and had to move. The response I received said they would let us know a week before sailing.

Been on a number of cruises, and had seats by the window. Not bad, no big deal.

Our last cruise on the Oasis, we were assigned by the kitchen. UGH?

Not really, we had the best service ever. The wait staff was literally right there all the time, they were great, and it was fine.

So, my advice ..... not a bad table anywhere ..... your wait staff is what is important .... and that can be hit or miss.

Hmm...I am on same cruise and emailed almost a month ago. due to hearing issues we wanted a smaller table, near a wall or window or any location not in the midst of commotion to enable to better hear and participate in conversations. Last year we left it to TA and didn't work out well and had to move. The response I received said they would let us know a week before sailing.

Yesterday after my initial email I got a response that said the same thing "we received your request, but everything is first come, first serve...etc." and that arrangements would be finalized one week prior to sail. However, today I got an email directly from Freedom with a computer screen showing the second level dining arrangment with our table marked.

For the person who asked if we could share the diagram, I would if I could...but it was a screenshot of the computer screen with our names, reservation number and the table situation with our table outlined.

I'm on your cruise and just emailed a table request this morning. Already got a response with diagram as well. Took copnlpn's advice for an alcove table, and got it no problem..

Gonna be a great cruise!

Yay! Can't wait to "mingle" with you and the other CCers on our cruise. We are on the second level of the dining room, Isaac next the the railing!

Been on a number of cruises, and had seats by the window. Not bad, no big deal.

Our last cruise on the Oasis, we were assigned by the kitchen. UGH?

Not really, we had the best service ever. The wait staff was literally right there all the time, they were great, and it was fine.

So, my advice ..... not a bad table anywhere ..... your wait staff is what is important .... and that can be hit or miss.

Based on that comment, does anyone have any wait staff that they recommend on FOS? Can we use that same email address to RCI to request a waitstaff as opposed to a table location?

I don't know about the best seats but if I could choose, I'd ask for a table right next to the windows. I really enjoyed the ocean view.

Me, too. And although you really can't see the water, it's still nice to know that you know it's out there:D (makes sense?:))

Archived