Has anybody take the "Volcano Hot Springs" tour offered by RCI in Santorini?

Just wondering if its worth it for the 3 hour tour?

Or is the limited time we have better spent on the island itself and just walking around, possibly heading up to Oia or down to Akrotiri

thanks!

Yes, we did it last summer. It was the ONLY excursion that we all agreed was a waste of our time (DH, with our two teens).

The "volcano" is nothing when compared to the others you will see in Europe (Mt. Etna, Mt. Vesuvius). It is just dried up old black ash, and once you climb the very steep terrain, you look into a hole. That's it!

Then you climb back down, get back on board and head over to the hot springs. You need to know you need to be a strong swimmer to get there because the boat can only get in so far. There were a couple of people who couldn't make it and needed assistance from the staff. But once we got there, yes the water is "warmish", but it is also very orange from the sulphur, which resulted in dying my DD's bathing suit permanently!

Once we returned to our ship (Brilliance), we changed and headed up to the town. Much better! Great spot, and we only wish we had spent more time there. But, remember this is just IMHO.

High C's thanks. I think you've helped me make up my mind. 1) i'll save the money by not going on this excursion. and 2) i really wanted to be able to spend time in Santorini. I just thought that this sounded interesting. but I dont want to waste the time I could spend on the island climbing steep terrain and swimming in sulphuric water!

thanks again for the help!

Archived