Oceaneer Club: bathrooms

karen2754

What are the bathroom procedures for the littlest kids in the Oceaneer Club? I know they have to be potty trained. But do they go to the bathroom unaccompanied, or do counselors take them? Is there an organized "everyone go to the bathroom time" like we're used to in nursery school?

My 3-yo son is potty trained, but like many his age, he's not about to stop playing just to do something so boring as visit the bathroom! He needs to be reminded to go every couple of hours...!

Karen,

When my grandaughter went to the club as th ekids entered the play area they used a hand sanitizer and then pointed her to a counselor who was outside the bathroom. That way each child was shown where the bathroom was. You can accompany your child to make sure they get the idea if you want. when I was there with GD they expected kids to go on their own. If they saw someone "DANCING" they would remind them. And if the child was eating with the kids club they make them go to the bathroom, then wash their hands. and if they are in their late they have mats to sleep on, and they do remind them to go before they lay down. That was our experience. If a accident occurs they will page you and you can come and get your child to take care of the problem. I'm sure it's a common problem for the little ones as they are very excited in their.

When you arrive and sign up your child they will answer all your questions too.

Kathy,

mom x4, grandma x4:D

This was a couple of years ago, but my daughter had just turned 3 and I was worried about the same thing. At that time, they had routine potty breaks for everyone where they had everyone "try". They also watched to see if anyone was doing the pee-pee dance in between potty breaks. Don't worry, they deal with this all of the time. They know how 3 year olds are.

Archived