Early Saver- Price match Onboard Credit Plus Upgrades

Mizzouaholic

I am currently booked early saver on the Breeze for May 11. Here's my question... I know how early saver works as I have used it in the past to price match and get a lower rate as onboard credit when the cruise price drops, but I have never tried to get it with a sale involving onboard credit. With Carnivals rate right now(Onboard Credit Plus Upgrades category) The price of our cruise has gone up $120 total, but we would get $160 in onboard credit. Will Carnival allow me to price match that under early saver?

If they do allow me to price match this, does that mean that in the future if the price of this cruise drops and I submit the early saver form will I lose my onboard credit?

I am currently booked early saver on the Breeze for May 11. Here's my question... I know how early saver works as I have used it in the past to price match and get a lower rate as onboard credit when the cruise price drops, but I have never tried to get it with a sale involving onboard credit. With Carnivals rate right now(Onboard Credit Plus Upgrades category) The price of our cruise has gone up $120 total, but we would get $160 in onboard credit. Will Carnival allow me to price match that under early saver?

If they do allow me to price match this, does that mean that in the future if the price of this cruise drops and I submit the early saver form will I lose my onboard credit?

I spoke with my PVP about this yesterday. You can match to the new promotion but you have to pay the difference for the base price. Then, if you price match later to another price or promotion, you will lose the OBC from this promotion.

Confusing, huh.

It was only a $60 difference for us so I'm going to let this one by and hope there's a more uncomplicated match in the next couple weeks.

I spoke with my PVP about this yesterday. You can match to the new promotion but you have to pay the difference for the base price. Then, if you price match later to another price or promotion, you will lose the OBC from this promotion.

Confusing, huh.

It was only a $60 difference for us so I'm going to let this one by and hope there's a more uncomplicated match in the next couple weeks.

That is pretty much exactly as a suspected. Thanks for the response!

• 10 months later...

I wondered something similar. I have OBC because I booked my cruise on the Breeze for March 29th while I was on a cruise, so it was the promotion of doing so while currently cruising.

I see that my ES rate is now lower with a rate that is $100 less. I wondered will I lose my OBC, even though it was offered for booking while cruising as the promotion. I sure hope not...that would defeat the purpose of booking on the cruise if you lose it.

Anyone heard of losing this?

I wondered something similar. I have OBC because I booked my cruise on the Breeze for March 29th while I was on a cruise, so it was the promotion of doing so while currently cruising.

I see that my ES rate is now lower with a rate that is $100 less. I wondered will I lose my OBC, even though it was offered for booking while cruising as the promotion. I sure hope not...that would defeat the purpose of booking on the cruise if you lose it.

We are on that cruise and we booked while sailing as well. I've since changed dates once and switched ships and my obc followed. Matter of fact when I changed to the Breeze there was a $100 obc rate and I got that too.

Sent from my wonderful iPhone 5 using the fabulous Cruise Critic app.

This happened to me 2 weeks ago. I called for the price drop and was told I'd lose the OBC. With advise from Cruise Critic, I called again, got the price drop and kept my OBC.

Depends on the person you speak with and you need to be willing to "explain" OBC for booking onboard NEVER goes away.

We booked while onboard in December. They were offering double obc for the booking. When we returned home they were offering the $80 bar credit. So my husband called to inquire about getting that. They honored it and we still have our $200 obc booking bonus. I was shocked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. Initially I got the email back from Carnival saying the criteria for my Early Saver price drop did not match the terms and conditions, but after calling Carnival, I got my $100 OBC!!

Seems that computer or person error was to blame. I'm happy now :p