Cozumel - What to do thats differant?

SuiteEscape

After reading reviews on the NCL site, we booked the Mexican Cuisine Workshop & Tasting. What a great excursion! Chef Oscar was great--he had a fantastic way of sharing his knowledge with humor. Each pair of participants cooked an appetizer, main dish & dessert under his direction, which was great for all levels of experience. Drinks were served throughout to add to the fun. Then we sat down to eat our meals. The food was excellent. We made sopes with shrimp & chipotle sauce as an appetizer, grouper with a tamarind sauce and fried plantains with a chocolate tequila sauce for dessert. We had about an hour after finishing our meals to enjoy Playa Mia (or stay longer & pay for your own taxi back); I snorkeled (brought my own mask & snorkel, but they were available to rent) while my husband had a massage. Nice beach with water park area plus a nice pool. Open bar continued. We will do this again. BTW, there was a couple in our group who were traveling on Royal Carribbean. RCC wasn't offering the excursion; since she had done it before, she booked it directly.

Edited by dreamin' of cruisin'

• 4 weeks later...

There is a couple who teach a stain glass workshop at their house... We did last year it is so much fun.....she explained and showed how to do it.."then we practiced and then we made a piece of art....so much fun...great couple they do it at there house in the garden, which is lovely cant remember their names but if you goggle Cozumel stain glass workshop you should find it....it's about 4 hours....giving you time to eat and shop.....they can tell you about some good places to eat....we have always wanted to try stain glass so for us it was great,.....prices good......

Edited by preschool teacher

We rented Harley fat boy through EagleRider first on our first trip to Cozumel in December, 2013 and Adrian was our guide. This was the HIGHLIGHT of our two weeks cruise to Panama Canal and Caribbean. My husband kept talking about it for a year. So this January (last week) we were in Cozumel on Allure of the Seas. Adrian was at the port again with his bike. We signed up for same fat boy (I don't ride, so I take the back seat) with Adrian as our guide. This was one instance in our lives (we both agreed) when we stepped into the same water twice. We loved the tour. This time Adrian took us on a different route to a beautiful beach on the east coast of the island. We sat on the swings @ the bar, a band of mariachis came by and we danced to "Besome Mucho" right on the beach. It was amazing. Would highly recommend this tour or just a ride to anybody who rides the bike (mind you I myself is a back seat rider and still loved it).

progress.gif

Who is this through? Is there a website I could look up?

• 2 weeks later...
After reading reviews on the NCL site' date=' we booked the Mexican Cuisine Workshop & Tasting. What a great excursion! Chef Oscar was great--he had a fantastic way of sharing his knowledge with humor. Each pair of participants cooked an appetizer, main dish & dessert under his direction, which was great for all levels of experience. Drinks were served throughout to add to the fun. Then we sat down to eat our meals. The food was excellent. We made sopes with shrimp & chipotle sauce as an appetizer, grouper with a tamarind sauce and fried plantains with a chocolate tequila sauce for dessert. We had about an hour after finishing our meals to enjoy Playa Mia (or stay longer & pay for your own taxi back); I snorkeled (brought my own mask & snorkel, but they were available to rent) while my husband had a massage. Nice beach with water park area plus a nice pool. Open bar continued. We will do this again. BTW, there was a couple in our group who were traveling on Royal Carribbean. RCC wasn't offering the excursion; since she had done it before, she booked it directly.[/quote']

What company does this tour?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from FOTS cruise this past Sunday. I am still trying to catch up with everything, but when I have time, I will write a review.

In regard to Cozumel, most people take tours either through the cruise line, or when you go to port, there is someone asking you if you want to take a tour with them. These people already have it lined up where they will be taking you, and the cost. Some of the places they had lined up, we didn't want to go to as we had been there before, so I decided to get a Taxi. Before you get a Taxi, there is a long list of the places they will take you to, for how many people, and the cost. We decided to go to dowtown Cozumel, which they list as "downtown forum." We got into the Taxi with 4 other people and the cost was $8, but we gave a tip of $2, which made $10 for the ride, which was worth it. We walked around Cozumel downtown, and came across someone that ask if we wanted to take a tour. I had a place that I wanted to see, as well as parts of Cozumel too. I ask the man about the place I wanted to see, and he said they would take us there, and also shows us the "other side" of Cozumel, which is more than beautiful. So for 2 hours it cost us $35, and it was worth it, and he brought us back to port, or if we had ask, he would have brought us back to downtown where he had picked us up.