Quantum Inaugural Cruise - question

Let's review. For previous new ships that I am party to (Oasis, Allure, Reflection), they've had pre-inaugural" short sailings in Europe (maybe to make sure the ship doesn't sink). Then they may have a seven nighter pre inaugural in Europe; then the inaugural TA to Florida. Then they'll have a free or very cheap two night inaugural for TAs, Pinnacles, politicians and dignitaries (usually by invite only). Then they'll have a three night inaugural for paying guests, then they'll start their seven night inaugural sailing to finally for I don't know up to how many months they advertise it as the inaugural "season." I believe they sell logo stuff with inaugural sailing for up to a year.

So that's 2 or more pre-inaugurals, and 4 inaugurals. Ok then. :D

Let's review. For previous new ships that I am party to (Oasis, Allure, Reflection), they've had pre-inaugural" short sailings in Europe (maybe to make sure the ship doesn't sink). Then they may have a seven nighter pre inaugural in Europe; then the inaugural TA to Florida. Then they'll have a free or very cheap two night inaugural for TAs, Pinnacles, politicians and dignitaries (usually by invite only). Then they'll have a three night inaugural for paying guests, then they'll start their seven night inaugural sailing to finally for I don't know up to how many months they advertise it as the inaugural "season." I believe they sell logo stuff with inaugural sailing for up to a year.

Oasis and Allure sailed across the Atlantic with only crew and staff. They arrived at their home port of Port Everglades with no paying cruisers. This was also true for The Freedom class as well and I am pretty sure the Voyager class too. I do not recall any pre inaugurals for Oasis class in Europe.

Per shipbuilder Meyer Werft, Quantum is anticipated to be delivered in "autumn 2014," with Anthem to follow in spring 2015. http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/schiffe/kreuzfahrtschiffe/royal_caribbean_international/projekt_sunshine/projekt_sunshine.jsp

This is the first class of ships Meyer has built since the Radiance class. (Oasis, Allure, the Freedom class and the Voyager class were all built in Finland.) We took the maiden crossing of Serenade OTS from Amsterdam. The Meyer Werft shipyard is in Papenburg, Germany, on the River Ems a very short distance from the North Sea, so cruising around to nearby Amsterdam or Rotterdam is a natural. I don't believe they did any pre-inaugural voyages in Europe before Serenade sailed for the US; but there were a few celebratory/PR junkets stateside before the ship commenced revenue voyages.

So...I'm hoping for a maiden TA!

It's amazing how fast they build these ships! The first steel cutting on Quantum just occurred. See http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_8833.jsp

Someone may have already pointed this out but the contest (which I totally signed up for) offers a 1 night inaugural cruise then a 7 night cruise on Oasis or Allure. I wonder if that means Quantum will start at Ft. Lauderdale? :confused:

The always lovely "My status is bigger than your status" has begun!

I can't wait for the Rhenium Status newsletter on this! The board hand-delivers them to us.

Sorry you need one more cruise to get to my UNOBTANIUM level.

It Royal handles it like they have in the past, bookings will open for C&A members before they open to the public. Royal will probably try to send out emails, but in all probability you will probably learn the details on CC first.

Do you recall what the pricing was for the first 7 day inaugural cruise on Oasis or Allure? Thanks in advance.

This attachment is all I have. I'm not sure if that included the inaugural.

Very cool. Thanks for sending this. It will at least give us an idea of what we could expect in terms of possible pricing.

Many thanks again for your prompt feedback.

Archived