anyone used FTTF on conquest?

okay i folded and decided to try. figured would be great to be on and have room ready with kiddos. if u have used FTTF, i have a few questions please.

1. were u on conquest?

2. how early did you arrive to port?

3. how long did it take to board?

4. how does this work as far as lines ect.

5. do u go in the VIP lounge while waiting to board?

:D:D

THANKS SO MUCH!!! MUWAHHHH!

1. were u on conquest?

I have not used FTTF, but I will try to help with your questions.

FTTF is just now getting started in NOLA - later this month, I believe it is. So, that means there is likely no one yet who has used it via Conquest :)

In NOLA, the garage opens at 8 AM. The terminal opens at the same time, though check-in times are a little more ... unstructured :rolleyes: Generally, check-in will begin around 10:00-10:30 AM - VIP check-in, according to one check-in agent, starts before regular check-in, but I don't know for sure. The VIP lounge is VERY small in NOLA - around 10 seats or so (not including the check-in desks). Generally, only people waiting to actually check-in wait in this room. Therefore, after you check-in, you are directed to the sitting area. On the way to the sitting area, you will have your photo taken (if you choose). The sitting area for VIP is up front facing the ships and the Mississippi River - therefore, you are positioned for easy boarding. Boarding generally starts between 11:00 and 11:30, though most often it's right at 11:30.

Hope this helps.

First group that can use it boards this Sunday. We will have to get folks on that sailing to tell us how well it works.

Thank you for the clarification! I knew one of the staff in NOLA had told me one day this month, but I could not remember the date!

I have a slight confession. While I have never faulted those that chose it, I have been somewhat of a detractor of the program. I am sailing on the conquest on the 10th. While doing a last minute check online and printing my documents on Monday I noticed that FTTF which had been sold out was now showing 2 left... I got it. Fist time for me with the kids and their stuff, tendering in grand cayman without a ship excursion and avoiding a certain amount of hassle all for less than what I would spend on brunch if we arrived at port after 1pm. All that coupled with the fact that there were only two left!!! I could not resist. I will gladly let you know how it goes.

okay i folded and decided to try. figured would be great to be on and have room ready with kiddos. if u have used FTTF, i have a few questions please.

1. were u on conquest?

2. how early did you arrive to port? I always arive at NOLA around 10:45

3. how long did it take to board? If everything went well with the debarking passengers boarding usually begins around 11:30ish...boarding is done in the following order: weddings, handicap, VIP, FTTF

4. how does this work as far as lines ect. There should be a line directing you to a FTTF line.

5. do u go in the VIP lounge while waiting to board? No, there should be a FTTF line at the main check-in desk and then a special place for you to sit.

I was in NOLA last October and they had changed the VIP checkin so that you went to the podium outside the VIP lounge then were directed to a seating area and called up to the desk to check in by order of who arrived 1st.

The VIP lounge only has the S&S cards for Platinum/Diamond/Suite guests. So FTTF will be directed to another area for checkin, though you might be going through the VIP security line which is on the left side after you enter the terminal building.

1. were u on conquest?

DH and I had FTTF on the Liberty this past September leaving from Miami.

I think we got to the port around 10:00, maybe 10:30.

We were on the ship no later than 11:30.

You will have your own line to check in, and at guest services!

You do not get to wait in the VIP lounge, but will have your own waiting area.

We loved FTTF, and I've already bought it for our next cruise. We dropped our bags in our cabin as soon as we got on board, and in Grand Cayman I beat DH to shore and he had a Carnival excursion that day.:p

I can only imagine how convenient this would all be travelling with children!

thanks to all of you for your responses. i will let you all know of my experience as well but i dont sail until october. :p :o :p

Well you should have plenty of feedback by then. I sail next month :D, so I will tell you how it goes. :cool:

I have a slight confession. While I have never faulted those that chose it, I have been somewhat of a detractor of the program. I am sailing on the conquest on the 10th. While doing a last minute check online and printing my documents on Monday I noticed that FTTF which had been sold out was now showing 2 left... I got it. Fist time for me with the kids and their stuff, tendering in grand cayman without a ship excursion and avoiding a certain amount of hassle all for less than what I would spend on brunch if we arrived at port after 1pm. All that coupled with the fact that there were only two left!!! I could not resist. I will gladly let you know how it goes.

Looking forward to hearing back from you! We sail in October and got FTTF. Cannot wait to hear how it went. We plan to get to the port by 10 or so. My DM sometimes uses a wheelchair so she will be in that but we purchsed the FTTF to make it easier all around and with tenders and early debark. Also, it makes it easier to board together (or fairly close).

arriving to the pier before the ship starts boarding-- you will be one of the firsts onboard anyway.

Arriving about 1pm with all those people already in line is where it will work to the best advantage.

I have never really waited for a tender in grand cayman. Private vendors will be waiting for the people on your excursion and more then likely there will be many ships in port with you,

so you will hurry up and get out there-- and hurry up and wait for the other people.

going directly to your cabin is where that 50 bucks is well spent. Its nice to drop off your carry on and go eat lunch at the lido deck before it gets truly crowded.. then people will stay in the seats til 1:30 when their cabins come available since they do not want to carry their stuff all over the ship with them

Archived