Question about Chankanaab Park/Cozumel, help!

Punu

My wife and I want to do the Dolphin encounter, swim with them and all that good stuff...

My question is, can I book that when I get there? I'd feel more comfortable doing that, let me know... much appriciated

I haven't swam with the dolphins, yet. But I want to so I've been researching it. From what I can tell, they only take a limited number of people per day and they book up quickly and far in advance. So......very unlikely that you would be able to just show up and be able to do it.

We enjoyed the dolphin swim a few days ago at Chankanaab. Initially, I signed up for my 11 yr old son to do the dolphin swim and snorkel ($99) and signed myself and daughter up for the encounter. ($150 for the two of us together). The more I researched it, the more I wanted to be able to actually SWIM with them...not just stand on the platform and kiss the dolphins. So, as soon as we entered the park, I went to the desk and asked to upgrade to a swim/snorkel for my daughter and I. We were SO glad we did! The best part was the snorkel and free swim part. Right after I had changed our swim package, a woman in line behind me asked to upgrade her package and was told that they could not do it......they were booked up. We lucked out! It was SO much fun!!!

Snorkel equipment can be rented for the entire day, and it's well worth it! We rented one set of equipment and shared it and really enjoyed the whole experience.

After signing up for the dolphin encounter online, we received a confirmation email and printed it to take with us. I'd recommend doing that.........when we upgraded our swim, it really helped to have the confirmation page.

My wife and I want to do the Dolphin encounter, swim with them and all that good stuff...

My question is, can I book that when I get there? I'd feel more comfortable doing that, let me know... much appriciated

Whether you choose to do the encounter or with swim - DEFINITELY book ahead of time. You take your chances on being able to book something once you arrive at the park.

I booked for my DD and Myself in advance from them. They only take a limited number and some areas where full months in advance. The cruise lines reserve some spots but they charge more.

Book thru the park online very secure.

We booked our dolphin swim months in advance through the Dolphin Discovery website. You can also check the website of Cozumel Insider. If this is something you have your heart set on, book now or at least several months in advance. It's worth every penny! :)

check out the cozumelinsider and see the difference between the swims and the encounters. make sure you know what it is you are buying. Like the other people stated...if this is something youw ant to do--book ahead of time. It does sell out quickly.

definitely book ahead, we booked 3 months in advance, and when we got there, there were people waiting for us not to show up, we were the last ones to get to the park, so we were late, not too late for the swim, but there was a line waiting to take our reservations, cozumelinsider is where we booked. if you really want to do an excursion, my suggestion is to book ahead online, or by phone.....it will save you disappointment later if they are booked up. ;)

OK, I just did this earlier this week! We were booked on the Encounter (because I have a young son who isn't old enough for the swim with). I booked months ahead, and they told me that all of the other times were sold out. I was fine with my time, so it wasn't a problem. But when we got there, there were people booking right then and there. Maybe they only pre-book a certain number. I can tell you they had plenty of people walking up and getting a time. I agree that you take your chances doing it, because, who knows, other days might have REALLY been sold out. But, they try to cram in as many people as possible.

This is going to sound like really common sense advice....but something I wish we had done differently! Don't laugh! My 11 year old son was already signed up for the dolphin swim and snorkel. When we got there and upgraded the swim for my daughter and I, they offered us the very same time as my son. But silly me! I said I'd rather do ours at a different time so I could watch my son! That meant 2 different videos were done.....and we just had to have them both! ($35 each). If we'd all 3 been in one group, we could have bought just one. Oh well.......the videos and photos were great and this was such a fun day!

WE booked ahead through Cozumel insider.com. It was so much fun-the best thing we ever did ever!!!! They didn't charge our credit card until the day of the swim so it was no risk really. Actually our ship changed days of the Cozumel stop due to some weather elsewhere on the cruise and I totally panicked- e-mailed from the ship to Cozumel insider and they switched it to the new day (a day ahead) with no problem. It was all arranged when we got there. No penalties. I am sure they sold our original spot that day at the desk-mayybe that is where those open spots come from. Don't know. I highly recommend it though-you'll love it

I have done the dolphin swim, the dolphin encounter and the sea lion swim

(each done on separate visits to Cozumel). I booked the swim well in advance, was lucky enough to book the encounter the day we arrived at the park. I tried to book the sea lion swim on line but was told it was sold out and I would be put on a waiting list. When we got there I went up to the desk to see if there was any availability and was very suprised to be able to book a spot for me and my daughter (the people behind us were not so lucky). However cannot stress it enough -- for peace of mind book in ADVANCE. We had a great time every time we went to Chankanaab.

Archived