Everything you need to know...SHETLAND

I love the web cam. I actually took a photo while I was in Lerwick.

Also, I want to recommend High Level Music (the music/CD store right above the webcame location on the square (which is right there as you get off the ship). Great place to pick up local music.

Hoping we'll be back soon.

Steve

• 3 months later...

High Level Music has moved premises but not far maybe 40 yards! They are now right across from the tourist office at the Market Cross.

Also the Fort cafe (utterly amazing fish & chips) has got new seats & tables, but the increased roominess has lost 4 spaces, so now the maximum capacity now is 16 but well worth a visit if you can! :)

Edited by trickyoat

High Level Music has moved premises but not far maybe 40 yards! They are now right across from the tourist office at the Market Cross.

Also the Fort cafe (utterly amazing fish & chips) has got new seats & tables, but the increased roominess has lost 4 spaces, so now the maximum capacity now is 16 but well worth a visit if you can! :)

BUT are they still HIGH???;) I thought that was PART of the reason for their name! If you stop by please tell Brian that I'm still enjoying the CDs he gave me for review on Amazon.

Steve

Will do Steve, yes don't worry the shop remains the same name, it's just down at street level now....;)

Another update from last year is that the floating accommodation barge is no longer in Albert Dock. It has been moved to Holmsgarth quite a few months ago.

Tender pontoons were installed last week and are in there usual spot on the North face of Victoria Pier.

Richard

Edited by trickyoat

Hi Richard

Do you know if customs officers are delaying disembarkation times this year? We are doing an Iceland and Norway cruise that has a stop on Shetland (a little odd for us visiting on a cruise ship when we're from Loch Ness!) I'm not sure what the procedure will be for us (assuming same as everyone else) since we are actually in our own country but since we are hiring a car and only in port from 7am-3pm I'm a bit worried about timings!

Any local knowledge would be appreciated :)

Debbie hi, I have not heard anything else regarding this problem since last summer so i sadly have to assume that these checks are still in place :confused:

LPA (Lerwick Port Authority) might be worth emailing to find out, their address is on their website and they respond extremely quickly to enquires.

Hope this helps

Richard

Debbie hi, I have not heard anything else regarding this problem since last summer so i sadly have to assume that these checks are still in place :confused:

LPA (Lerwick Port Authority) might be worth emailing to find out, their address is on their website and they respond extremely quickly to enquires.

Hope this helps

Richard

I'll do that thanks Richard :)