A question?

Martita B.

Sailors, can anyone tell me the "berth" number the Pride uses at the New York Pier? I think it's like 46 or 48.......I can not remember!

It's not Alzheimer's......it's Some-heimer's!

Thanks! Have a happy/safe weekend!

Martita B.

Yes, S & P were in the Galapagos (I'm trying to mentally picture the two elegant New Yorkers shlepping up a mountain!!!), and I think they are back tomorrow. Of course, I may have the timing wrong due to some-heimers!!!

Denyse

Martha, not sure what you're looking for, but, the two main piers in NYC are #'s 88 and 90, and, they face West 51st and West 50th streets.

P.S. What's with the lack of posts on the 8/28 Pride crossing plus 3 day NYC "gig" thread?

Good morning Martha -

I am just coming up for air after teh Prinsendam transatlantic....too fun but now I know I can not stay up until 5AM 2 nites in a row in Madrid...eating drinking & dancing.......

The 17 days went so quickly.......loved the ship & Lisbon, Cadiz & Madrid.

Have been doing lite renovations at home since my return....

Don't know when I 'll be back onboard.....California in September & then I 'll see.

Hope you are staying cool Darlin.....hugs hugs hugs

Rotty~~~I'm happy to hear from you! WHAT, you can not dance and drink champagne until dawn anymore? (neither can I.....nor do I care to!)

I'm keeping cool, but not for long.......off to Phoenix in the morning. Four 'ole Seabournite's are jaunting to hot Arizona to meet and be with Herman's nephew, Jan and his family......I'll return next week, but flying off again....

Keep us updated as to your cruisin' plans!

Martita

• 1 month later...

Does someone have the exact street address of the pier that will be used by the Pride on 9/18?

I am trying to book a limo and the (new to me) PTS service says they need the 'exact' address for a quote. I called Seabourn but they have not called me back.

Thanks!

Jane

Jane,

I got this off the Port Authority web site. Sorry it isn't more specific, but it should help. We had a terrible time getting the limo to actually show up when we sailed into NY on the Pride in 2003, so be forewarned. You may want to call the number below for more information. We ended up having to grab a cab several blocks away with all of our luggage in tow, which was almost impossible to find, and nearly missed our flight back to SFO. Reason: the limo failed to show!

Denyse

The New York City Passenger Ship Terminal, owned by the City of New York and operated by P&O Ports North America, provides five 1,000-foot-long berths suitable for servicing the world’s largest cruise vessels at a convenient location on the Hudson River only a few blocks west of Times Square in the heart of Manhattan. The terminal occupies the West Side of 12th Avenue between 46th and 54th streets.

P&O Ports North America customers include Carnival, Celebrity, Costa, Crystal Cruises, Cunard, Holland America, Norwegian, P&O Cruises, Princess, Radisson Seven Seas, Royal Caribbean, Seabourn and Silversea. The terminal is also home to an array of trade shows and special events managed by P&O Ports North America.

For more information visit: www.nypst.com

Address 711 12th Avenue

New York, NY 10019

Tel: (212) 246-5450

Fax: (212) 661-4490

e-mail: info@nypst.com

Piers: 88, 90, 92

No. of Berths: 5

Thanks, Denyse.

Apparently the pier has not been assigned. so we will see. I can, I imagine, give them the Pier office address and then call them on that day or the day before, I assume it will be assigned by then.

Jane

Jane, when is your trip? We get to NYC a bit and would love to see the ship docked if we are there. Also aren't you to sail out of London soon? I responded to a quetion of your on a different thread. ("hello to some Seabourn Cruisers")

Thanks for the other reply; I did see it.

Yes, it is soon, and my luggage is already on it's way! The Pride will be docked in NYC (at yet an unsassigned pier) on Thursday, Sept 15th and then again on Sunday the 18th. If you are early enough on Sunday you may see me being carted off kicking and screaming. It won't be a pretty sight, I assure you.

Jane

Jane~~~as we all exit the one terminal entrance, with our luggage, I'm guessing your limo will be parked there......near all the Taxi's.

I will know a couple of days before you berth and will e-mail you on the Pride and let you know exactly the Pride's "parking place!"

I loveeee the New York terminal. Easiest one ever!

Martita B.

FWIW, they will not allow limos to park......limos must "circle the wagons" until their customers "hail" them down for stop/pick-up.

That's why I suggested, in my post this morning, to meet where the busses park, which is between 49th & 50th streets.

At the price I expect to pay for this service, they can circle 'til the cows come home! I don't expect it to be a problem. The whole issue became an issue because someone who didn't know asked me for information that the limo companies don't need or care about when quoting prices (exact address) . They seemed to understand the situation and only needed the ZIP code for the information I needed. I figure that you and the other GI's (Gilligan's Islanders) will need the exact pier when you embark. Can't have you missing the boat!!!

Jane

> Dear Ms. Pond,

> We have the pier for the Seabourn Pride set at Pier 90. If you have any >further questions please feel free to contact us.

>

> Sincerely,

> Jennifer Hart

> Administrative Assistant

> P&O Ports N.A.

> New York Cruise Terminal

> 711 12th Avenue

> New York, New York 10019

> (212) 246-5450 Main Line

> (212) 641-4441 Direct Line

> (212) 641-4490 Fax

> mailto: jennifer.hart@poportsna.com