FOD on a gay cruise?

LtDang

Also, FOD is not a Cruise Critic specific event. They are on MOST ships and lines and I would hazard to guess 80% of FOD's have never even heard of CC. But on a Gay Charter there isn't any reason to have a FOD scheduled as you'd have the ENTIRE ship show up in one spot for it.:cool: The reason they are useful on non-gay charters to to meet like minded folks on a ship you may never meet otherwise. Hope that helps. :D

Hello folks...

Is there an F.O.D. gathering on an all gay cruise and if so... does it then become a gay "cruise critic" meet and mingle gathering?

If you are talking about Atlantis or RSVP all-gay charters, no there isn't a FOD/GLBT gather. It would serve no purpose. If you are talking about a Cruisecritic gathering on an all-gay charter I tried to organized one on Atlantis' RCI Mariner of Seas charter and although we got the minimum 25 participants when we got onboard the party was never set up by the staff. Not sure why other than the fact most onboard activites are coordinated by the charter company and not the cruise line. However both RSVP & Atlantis organized more specific gathering within the GLBT community like solo cruisers, Bears & Cubs, Lure of Leather, women of Atlantis, international guest and even straights traveling along for the ride as well as AA and HIV Positive group.

Comboy: if you want to organize a CC meet-and greet on Atlantis arrange it with Atantis and not the ship. That how I have arranged the RSVP ones. The RSVP person who used to handle left RSVP so it waa handled by Rachel of Atlantis (she was working on our cruise). It went OK but I may have to work more closely with them in the future as some minor things slipped through the cracks.

Archived