Fastest way from Port Canveral to MCO?

HeidiHo

I posted this on the Florida departures board but didn't get much response so I thought I'd ask here. My friend is sailing on the Disny Dream and didn''t realize how far from the port MCO is and booked an early flight. What would be the fastest way to get to MCO? She has Disney transfers now but would it be fastest to just do Express Walk Off and jump in a cab? I'm even nervous about telling her to book a private car because what if the car isn't there when she disembarks. I know a cab would be more expensive that Disney shuttle but it's less expensive than changing flights at this point. Any advice I can give her would be helpful.

I posted this on the Florida departures board but didn't get much response so I thought I'd ask here. My friend is sailing on the Disny Dream and didn''t realize how far from the port MCO is and booked an early flight. What would be the fastest way to get to MCO? She has Disney transfers now but would it be fastest to just do Express Walk Off and jump in a cab? I'm even nervous about telling her to book a private car because what if the car isn't there when she disembarks. I know a cab would be more expensive that Disney shuttle but it's less expensive than changing flights at this point. Any advice I can give her would be helpful.

To be honest the DCL coach is most likely your best bet, there is a rolling service direct to MCO and hard to beat, as soon as a coach is full it goes.

A Cab there will be a queue and they limit them coming in.

I uses hire car left at the port that's quick but expensive.

Private cars are also kept back until you are at the stand they can be fast but the initial bit getting to it can slow you down.

DCL coach terminal is close. Its directly left as you get out. Taxi stand is a walk to the right not as close,

Disney Transfers and direct baggage check through Delta got us to MCO on Thursday by 9:10 for our 12 noon flight. We left the boat at 7:50. I worried and worried too but it was NO PROBLEM at all! I posted more detail on another thread with similar topic.

We will be on the Dream next week. We will be coming in on Wednesday morning. There will be 4 adults and 3 children and I rented a minivan from Enterprise for a total of $85.00We always rent and drop off when we leave from Port Canaveral. It's so much easier and cheaper. I usually drive and drop everyone off and have the shuttle take me back to the port and when we disembark, everyone waits and I take the shuttle to the rental office and come back to get everyone. The rental office is less than 5 miles away. It's a suggestion.

Archived