Do you book your next cruise while on board?

I've never done this before, but we're certain of our plans for next year so we're considering it.

What are the benefits of booking on board?

Are there any draw backs?

If anything unfortunate happens are you able to cancel the same way you could if booking "normally?"

Thanks in advance for any insight.

I've never done this before, but we're certain of our plans for next year so we're considering it.

If anything unfortunate happens are you able to cancel the same way you could if booking "normally?"

We book on board all of the time. Mostly, we book Next Cruises and that way we can assign a cruise to it when we are home & a good deal comes up. The benefit of booking on board is the On Board Credit you get on your sailing. You can change a booking made on board just like you can one made over the phone or onRCCL web-site.

Hope that helps

Booking on board allows you to have the get the OTB and you don't have to pick a date just get the certificate. Wish I would have known for my upcoming cruise.

With that said I'm doing this on our next cruise. I have a question though. How many certificates can we get and can I book two rooms under my name? I know we will need two just not sure who will be in what room at the time of booking.

Booking on board allows you to have the get the OTB and you don't have to pick a date just get the certificate. Wish I would have known for my upcoming cruise.

With that said I'm doing this on our next cruise. I have a question though. How many certificates can we get and can I book two rooms under my name? I know we will need two just not sure who will be in what room at the time of booking.

you can get up to 3 certificates a sailing. You only have to put 1 name on the certificate and then whenever you attach a booking to it, you can add folks. Forgot about another enefit--deposit is only $100 per person on a next cruise. IF, when you attach a booking to the Next Cruise, you book a GS or higher, you will have to pay suite deposit OR if you use your Next Cruise to book into a group, you will have to pay full deposit.

1 draw back--the deposit you put down is NON refundable. I have never needed to cancel a NC--I just transfer it to another booking.

You can get a full refund for any deposit put down when booking a cruise on board. You just need to cancel before final payment date.

*GASP* I don't need to know the exact sailing?! Oh man!! I wish I knew this before. Sheesh! Also good to know there's no true drawback since we'll definitely be doing a future cruise.

Thanks guys! You're all so knowledgeable.

What determines the on board credit amount?

*GASP* I don't need to know the exact sailing?! Oh man!! I wish I knew this before. Sheesh! Also good to know there's no true drawback since we'll definitely be doing a future cruise.

Thanks guys! You're all so knowledgeable.

What determines the on board credit amount?

The length of the cruise you ultimately book determines the OBC:

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

The length of the cruise you ultimately book determines the OBC:

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Thanks!!

We book on every cruise and it's not the "next" one, it's the one after that. We are currently cruising twice per year and tend to book one year out so we can get the cabin we want. When we want a GS, especially on EX, we have to book a year out as they fill up very fast.

We did this on our last cruise. Didn't know our exact itinerary at the time. I ultimately decided a few months later what our next cruise would be and booked it. And then I got pregnant and would not be able to sail on the cruise I booked due to where I would be in my pregnancy. Because I had absolutely no idea when we would cruise again, I cancelled my cruise. I got a full refund, but of course, I lost my OBC because I cancelled instead of rescheduling. In retrospect, I wish I would have just pushed it out and kept rescheduling, but there's nothing I can do about that now :)

Archived