Carnival Fascination Checked Baggage Questions

dctm06

Sorry, I know this is probably a crazy question and the process will be clear when we arrive but I have a question re: luggage at the Jacksonville port:

We are parking in the $8 lot outside the cruise port and I know they w/ shuttle us over to the port w/ our luggage. From there what happens? Do we then carry our checked luggage somewhere else and someone takes it? Also, we have some bottled water we are carrying on and 2 carry on bags, we have a small dolley to carry these on - is the dolley ok to take onboard?

have been on Fascination 3 times out of Jax....Never used the shuttle but I would assume they will drop you in the drop off area where cabs and other shuttles drop off. You will be able to give your luggage to the porters there. As for your dolly and the water I can't say that I recall ever seeing anyone with a dolly boarding.

We were on the Fascination last year and the person in front of us going through security had a dolly with ALL his luggage on. He didn't check any of it and it took him a while to get it all undone and off onto the conveyor for the security check. I remember because it took awhile and then he forgot to leave something in his car and had to leave the line to return to his car and left all his luggage on the belt. He had to fold up the dolly and put it through the security also so I would figure that it is fine to take one with you on the ship.

I also think you could go through the port area like a drop off and leave your luggage with a porter there. I am not positive because we parked at the port and the porters were in the lot collecting the luggage right from the cars so we didn't have to take them with us.

So, the porters who collect the luggage - are we supposed to tip them and if so how much? Also, can you bypass the porters and drop your luggage off wherever it needs to go or do the porters HAVE to collect all checked luggage?

Loved using the shuttle service in Jax. Was so easy, inexpensive and convenient. The driver will drop you and your luggage off at the terminal...the porter will take the luggage. We tip $1 per bag. You will then proceed into the terminal with your carry on luggage and yes the dolly is okay.

Loved using the shuttle service in Jax. Was so easy, inexpensive and convenient. The driver will drop you and your luggage off at the terminal...the porter will take the luggage. We tip $1 per bag. You will then proceed into the terminal with your carry on luggage and yes the dolly is okay.

Hi Ready! How's your day going?

Archived