Carnival Liberty - March 4, 2006

jackpine

I think March 4th you should still be fine. Its Presidents week in February that will have a lot of families..then the closer you get to Easter is when the breaks start happening. Easter is later next year compared to this year.

Yes, many colleges are on spring break on March 4th. I know because I just graduated last year and my girlfriend is still in college at FAU. This is the time of year that we always go. I don't think it will be that bad considering that it is an 8 day cruise. For the most part, I think the 5 day cruises are the most crowded with spring breakers. I went on the Valor last year on March 4th and there was a nice mix of people. I saw alot of spring breakers, but in no way were they the majority. Hope this helps

I was under the impression that spring break falls in tune when Easter falls. Since Easter last year was in March I would think the spring breaks would have been that early. But with Easter falling in the later part of April of next year wouldnt spring break be later?

I was under the impression that spring break falls in tune when Easter falls. Since Easter last year was in March I would think the spring breaks would have been that early. But with Easter falling in the later part of April of next year wouldnt spring break be later?

Normally, what happens is colleges and universities will space out there spring breaks so as not to overwhelm the popular destinations. I have been going on cruises for the past 3 years, all falling around the begining of March, and I have always seen quite a few spring breakers.

Not necessarily. Colleges that are still on quarters will break between the Winter and Spring terms, the same time every year. Schools on semesters will typically break at a specific point in the semester, usually close to halfway through, again, the same time every year, regardless of when Easter falls. It is primarily the K-12 schools that break the week prior to, or following, Easter.

Archived