Taxi rate sheet for Curacao

70sGringo

So, by the lack of response from my bus service question, I am fairly certain that bus service must be limited or next to non-existent.

Does anyone have a link for legitimate taxi fares in Curacao?

Seems like many posts mentions ~$XX/pp to get from XYZ hotel/airport/cruise pier to ZYX beach. Others mention it's ~$XX/car. Are the $/pp taxi riders just getting fleeced by the drivers? Are they obligated by local law to charge $/per car if you have multiple riders?

I'm gonna be moving 4-10 people around the island for a day and want to know what is fair to pay and what is not.

Is it cheaper just to rent a car for a day to go to a couple of beaches from where the AOS docks?

Thanks in advance for any help... :confused:

Here is a link to some info on public transportation on Curacao :

http://www.curacao.com/info/public_services.html I, too, had a hard time getting specific info. To answer your question, it might well be less expensive to rent a car for the day if you have a couple of destinations in mind. Or, hire a driver for a specified period of time. That should be considerably less than taxi fares to several stops.

Becki

Does anyone have any advice on renting a motorcycle on Curacao? I think I'd really like to rent one for the day & try out the different beaches. To me that would be more fun than renting a car.

Thanks for any help you can give me, Ellen.

Does anyone have any advice on renting a motorcycle on Curacao?

Make sure you price out medevac insurance. If they drive anything close to what I've seen on some of the other islands, you would be WISE to get a policy.

Of course, I would give someone visiting my town in WA the same advice! Just yesterday, I watched a carload of teenages hit the guardrail, entering a freeway onramp. Make sure your insurance gets you covered at Harborview if you're going to rent a bike in the Seattle area!!! :eek:

Archived