CAn you bring a mini clothes steamer on Carnival Dream?

Cruisefriends

Clothes steamers and irons are not allowed. If you take it, it will more than likely be confiscated.

RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

• Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88

Clothes steamers and irons are not allowed. If you take it, it will more than likely be confiscated.

RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

• Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88

Actually that's not true. I've taken my steamer on every cruise with no problem. It makes it thru checkin because there is not metal on it (I assume). I have a Rowenta steamer that DH and I love. We were raised to press our clothes daily and we don't stray away from that on vacation. Also the steamer is very safe just a bit annoying bc we have to refill often, but it beats walking around a wrinkled mess! Hope this helps.

Actually that's not true. I've taken my steamer on every cruise with no problem. It makes it thru checkin because there is not metal on it (I assume). I have a Rowenta steamer that DH and I love. We were raised to press our clothes daily and we don't stray away from that on vacation. Also the steamer is very safe just a bit annoying bc we have to refill often, but it beats walking around a wrinkled mess! Hope this helps.

Actually it is true .. you have just been lucky not to get caught.

It never ceases to amaze me how people want to do what they want to do regardless of what the policies are.

There are rules in place for a reason and there are laundry/ iron rooms on the ship separate from the cabins for a reason.

Fire is the number one threat to life and property aboard ships, please don't don't take your steamer.

What makes it 'very safe'? The one's I've seen do not have any auto shut off.

My friend would like to bring hers and I searched and searched the faqs and couldn't find the answer.

Thanks

On the Inspiration, we saw a cart full of appliances confiscated. We got to glance into the bin just to see what was confiscated. Glory be! Percolators, irons, blenders, heaters, fans, the cart was loaded up!:eek:

I stand by my original statement. No...a clothes steamer is not allowed and might be confiscated. I had a friend who had her steamer confiscated.

Just because you break the rules and your steamer has not been confiscated does not make it right for everyone to break the rules and bring one.

Clothes steamers do post a fire hazard and the last place I want to be at during a fire is on a cruise ship.

I stand by my original statement. No...a clothes steamer is not allowed and might be confiscated. I had a friend who had her steamer confiscated.

Just because you break the rules and your steamer has not been confiscated does not make it right for everyone to break the rules and bring one.

Clothes steamers do post a fire hazard and the last place I want to be at during a fire is on a cruise ship.

I take the spray wrinkle remover and it works GREAT and use the shower. Much safe for everyone on board.

Actually it is true .. you have just been lucky not to get caught.

It never ceases to amaze me how people want to do what they want to do regardless of what the policies are.

There are rules in place for a reason and there are laundry/ iron rooms on the ship separate from the cabins for a reason.

I absolutely concur.

If you pack using dry cleaning bags, clothes don't wrinkle for some crazy reason. I leave my things on hangars and use a few bags and nothing gets wrinkled.

I use Downy Wrinkle Release and it usually works great. However, it cannot be used on some of our formal clothing.

So...dumb question.....we do not get many things dry cleaned professionally. How could I get a hold of some dry cleaning bags? Will cleaners sell them to me? Thanks.

I also use the Downy Wrinkle Release. Works great and can get it for about $2 travel size bottle that lasts a long time at Walmart.

Yep.... spray it on and hang clothing article in the Bathroom during a hot shower. I was surprised how well it worked.

I use Downy Wrinkle Release and it usually works great. However, it cannot be used on some of our formal clothing.

So...dumb question.....we do not get many things dry cleaned professionally. How could I get a hold of some dry cleaning bags? Will cleaners sell them to me? Thanks.

If you dont have any dry cleaning bags, you can use tissue paper to layer between clothes in your suitcase. I prefer the clothes on hangers/plastic bag method, but the tissue paper works well too.

Archived