Some "grain of salt" Triumph news

aggieastrosfan

I am totally prefacing this with "take it how you will". I would almost chalk this up to pure gossip at this point. I trust who I heard it from, and what they heard, but have no insight into the reliability of the source of the message. But since we've heard absolutely nothing about the Triumph yet, I thought I'd throw it out there as a topic of conversation anyway.

Some friends were on a cruise last week and met someone associated with Carnival. (I do not know the association, but I'm trying to find out more about what they heard). Knowing of my upcoming cruise, they asked about the current status of the ship. At the moment it is apparently completely gutted. They are still feeling fairly confident about their initial 2 month estimate for all repairs. If any additional cruises do get cancelled, it will most likely be during April only.

Again, full disclosure, this could be a giant pile of dog poo. I know my friends are honest and reliable about what they heard, I just don't know who they met to give them this information. Only time will tell, I guess! I'm trying to get more detail on what they heard. I was on the phone with them, but the call dropped and was going to voice mail after that.

I wonder if completely gutted means the tear down portion of what needed to be replaced is done and now they can put her back together. I am curious, how do people know how much needs to be done? I have seen a lot of posts about it being much more than the Splendor, how do we know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm sort of surprised that we haven't heard more about the progress of repairs. I seriously doubt it's being gutted but its plausible that it will need carpets and some wall panels. Not to mention whatever was damaged in the engine room.

I bet she will be in tip top shape when she returns to duty but its anyone's guess if it will be as scheduled.

Thanks for passing along...progress report would be great...hopefully Carnival will share some info next week...

I thought the Splender took longer because the engine damage was much more extensive...not to down play the claimed funk that went on with the Triumph :eek:

Maybe the funk could be cleaned sooner then major engine repairs?

Archived