Basketballs provided??

My son is debating bringing his own basketball on the ship (yes, he actually has that much room left in his suitcase) and I wasn't sure how it worked for signing out the FOS balls. Are they with a staff member and you have to sign in/out, or are they just loose on the court?

Thanks for any feedback!

Have you checked his suitcase yourself? I see he is 13. Did he pack underwear, etc. My suitcase empty, I don't think would be big enough to hold bball. If it was allowed, on plane, ship, etc., does he expect that there would be a way to get it back at the end of the cruise?

LOL Maureen....I did check it when he said he was 'packed' and you're right...he'd have had two pairs of underwear for the entire trip!! :eek:

He has a suitcase that can fit the ball exactly when closed. I'm tempted to let him bring it as there's not much else he needs. Everything else is in there (now that I've averted disaster/crisis of NO CLOTHES)

We're also staying at a resort in Orlando for a week before sailing and they have a basketball court - could be put to use there too....

I'm still interested to know what RCI's policies are for ball use on the ship - anyone??

Have you checked his suitcase yourself? I see he is 13. Did he pack underwear, etc. My suitcase empty, I don't think would be big enough to hold bball. If it was allowed, on plane, ship, etc., does he expect that there would be a way to get it back at the end of the cruise?
he's thirteen, their cruise is several days away, he hasn't even begun to think about actually packing yet.

It's been a while since I've been on any Freedom class ship, but they don't have a net over the top of the court. I've seen many balls go over board. Often the staff stops putting out any balls if too many go into the sea. Does your son want to watch his ball float away?

Archived