50lbs before is cruise oct 13

cruisingfor5

Welcome to everyone. I just returned from DS hockey tournament in Detroit and I was very bad. Have had a headache since last Thursday and having trouble focusing. It has been raining all day here and just makes me want to eat whatever and go to bed. I need some sunshine. At the beginning of this I grabbed 2 mason jars and 50 of my DS marbles and put them into one jar and put a big heart on the other and was hoping to move them over so I could keep it visual but so far no marbles seem to stay in the good jar :( I am also wanting to have a family photo I am proud of.

Just sailed Carnival Pride last week and had such a great time that I booked another cruise for my post-Thanksgiving week of vacation. Decided that I am going to lose 40 pounds before the next trip. I love Zumba and water exercise, I just need to get myself into a good weekly schedule.

I'm happy to have found this thread, and I'm going to get my marbles ready today (great idea)!

Hello everyone, I would love to join this group too. I am looking to lose 50lbs. prior to my cruise. I am on The Fast Metabolism Diet. The good thing about this diet is that so far it really work. Another good thing is that they want you to make a firm commitment to be on it for 28 days. It also keep you full and great for those who are diabetic like me. However, it is asking to give up things (like coffee) for the 28 days. I lost 10 lbs. so far and 50 more to go before my cruise. I am also thinking about a cruise prior to the January 11, 2014 one.

Hi everyone, i'm so happy i found this thread ...ill be cruising in September and i desparetly need to lose 35 lbs....i've stared Herbalife and so far I lost 3 lbs since last week. i know i need to be better at snacking at night but now i have all of you and a big picture of the ship on my Fridge to stir me away from the kitchen..lol

good luck to everyone and lets keep pushing....before you now it, Fall will be here!;)

Welcome! I lucky in that's diet plan allows me to snack every three hours if I am awake after dinner. However, it is real strick. A commitment to stay on it for twenty-eight days and to follow the list of foods on the days it allowed. I hated this at first because I am a picky eater buy now I am beginning to enjoy it. The only thing I really miss is my coffee. But she gives you tools to help ease the pain.;)

Ok. DD birthday and party are over and DS hockey tryouts are done and he made the team again. YAY! Now I need to focus and start losing. Got my juicer back out this morning and started my day with fresh vegetable juice. Hoping this rain is gone soon so I can enjoy my walks again.

I'd like to jump in here too and say hi! I decided to look around and see what other forums were available here and pleasantly surprised to find this one. You guys are rocking it!

I have been as high as 253# but for the last 10+ years or so have been averaging right about 230. Took a cruise with my DD in Jan and told her that THIS was the year I was going to get serious about loosing weight. We missed two of our ports due to wind so when I got home decided to book the same cruise and make it an anniversary cruise for my DH and I. Jan 12 we debarked and I started dieting the next day along with my DH. My goal was to lose 65# by December, I've just passed the halfway mark this last week at 195.

I had to go out and buy a belt!! That was a lot of fun..... my wardrobe will suffer for awhile but inside this is the best I've ever felt and believe that I might actually be able to do it.

I know we don't have to share weight and I'll weigh in on Thursdays too :) but, I step on the scale every morning and sometimes throughout the day...... it just seems to help with the inspiration, our diet plan has been all about portion control. Still eat everything but normal portions and no more grazing all day.

Look forward to sharing the positive parts of this tough challenge! So far my feet and back are already feeling much better, notice it a lot at work where I do stand a lot. The flappy arms..... didn't see these coming!!

Hi everyone!

We have so many new people here...that is fantastic!

I posted here before our Easter cruise on the Brilliance. I gained a few lbs on the cruise and was hoping to get back here sooner...but life got in the way! Work has been crazy busy and stressful but I am back!

So many of you have lost so much already! And I saw two new Michiganders, from Grand Rapids here!

I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things! I also love crock pot steel cut oatmeal but have a hard time getting in a 6 hour cook time! Too long work days lately! I really do need to learn to like exercise. I know that would help me be more successful!

Looking forward to losing weight with you all!

Lauri

So it is a fact! I have chosen May 9 to start my weight loss program. I am using the eating well website and just internet in general to help me prepare healthy daily menus of 1500 cal. 3 meals and 3 snacks. I'll be walking with the stroller, will star with 30min 3 days a week. Haven't weight myself yet, last time was at a doc appointment after having my baby a year ago. Wow I'm nervous of the balance! Will wait for the first time on thursday, need to buy a balance also.

So it is a fact! I have chosen May 9 to start my weight loss program. I am using the eating well website and just internet in general to help me prepare healthy daily menus of 1500 cal. 3 meals and 3 snacks. I'll be walking with the stroller, will star with 30min 3 days a week. Haven't weight myself yet, last time was at a doc appointment after having my baby a year ago. Wow I'm nervous of the balance! Will wait for the first time on thursday, need to buy a balance also.

Sounds like you have a well thought out plan. Good luck, keep us updated on your progress

Hi there all-

Today is the day. I'm looking to loose 50 lbs by the time we cruise, and KEEP IT OFF. I'm not doing it to be called "skinny", or "prettier",, we are all beautiful! I'm doing it for health and to feel better about myself . I don't know if this is possible in the amount of time I have,(is it)??? but want to try my best. I'm going to be doing exercise and meal replacement shakes, as well as portion control and healthy eating.

Positive thoughts... Send my way!!! I need it. :)

To lose 50lbs should take you anywhere from 6 months to a year. That is in a healthy way and if you want to keep it off. Of course all depend of person age, metabolism, lifestyle and health. General rule is to loose 1-2 lbs per week. It might seem like a long time but it is about been healthier and that is worth it.

Archived