50lbs before is cruise oct 13

cruisingfor5

Then you know how good green drinks make you feel. I did a 30 day juice fast a few months ago that went pretty well. It was based on the movie Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. I lost about a pound a day. I was not hungry until I broke the fast and ate gluten. I know I need to stay away from gulten and eat as much of a vegan sugar free diet as possible. As soon as I eat gluten I swell up and gain weight. My hunger is out of control. It is so hard for me. I use to be a bread baker. I never thought of myself as carb addicted but I I do miss it when I can't eat it. I also wonder if GMO's and grain not being the grain our grandpartents ate, has to do with weight gain. Because I have a autoimmune disease leaky gut is a possiblility and gulten, meat and dairy is the first things to go. I love eggs and hope they are not a problem for me as far as food allergies go (nuts are also possible). I have a little poultry farm. I crave the fresh eggs. I won't eat eggs until after the juice fast. Right now I have been eating a green salad with one egg on top for breakfast. We have at least one green juice a day. Over all I think I eat healthy but most diets that use to work like WW, and calorie counting don't work anymore. I think I have to heal whatever is wrong with me.

I hear you there. I am focusing on health and hoping weight coming off will just follow. I watched that movie about 2 months ago and it was great. I also have read wheat belly. My husband can't eat gluten so I consume very little gluten also. I too also notice when eating gluten I am hungry all the time and crave bad food.

For me at my age, health or free from pain is a better motivator than losing for vanity reasons or those skinny jeans. Over all I am just tired of being fat. It seems like I have been working on this forever and not getting anywhere. I am over a 100lbs over weight and have lost the same 20-30 lbs over and over and I just get stuck and then it comes back on. When I was younger it was so easy. I could do the exact same thing and the scale will not budge. I was very excited to find out juicing without any eating worked for me. I have tried juicing with one meal and the scale does not move again. It is so weird. I think shutting down digestion with no insoluble fiber from the juice does something with healing for me. I know that is when I feel the best. My liver is a mess from all the medication I have been on, on top of being obese (fatty liver). I have been off all immune supressing medication and chemo for a year now. I feel I still have alot to heal.

Carol

Hello I saw this thread and said this is def for me...I would love to lose weight before my cruise in Oct...I found out last month that i'm allergic to wheat flour but im a bread junkie and i'm still having a prob cutting it out even tho it makes me sick...I was told I need to go gluten free and that if I changed over the pounds would drop off and I would feel much better....HELP!!!!!!

It takes a bit of time to get out of your system but once it is you will stop craving it. It takes a week or two. You have to try different gluten free products to find ones you like. Just make sure they are made with healthy ingredients plus don't eat too much of this stuff because they aren't good if you want to lose weight. I don't even crave it anymore and I have always been a carb person. Also if you crave something starchy have some popcorn or baked potato. I have some baking recipes my kids and husband like if you want a could share a couple. Hope this helps a bit. I am no health care professional but have been through it. Good luck orange6crush

Hello I saw this thread and said this is def for me...I would love to lose weight before my cruise in Oct...I found out last month that i'm allergic to wheat flour but im a bread junkie and i'm still having a prob cutting it out even tho it makes me sick...I was told I need to go gluten free and that if I changed over the pounds would drop off and I would feel much better....HELP!!!!!!

Today is only day one for me (I am juicing) but I try doing gluten free most of the time. For me I do better if I avoid anything that looks like bread or pasta even if it is gluten free. I can't have the fake foods like gluten free pancakes or bread. I will eat the fake food and want the real deal until I get it. I know it is crazy but I always want what I can't have. As far as carbs go I seem to do alright with brown rice in the whole form. I think when it is ground up it is to processed and I have cravings. My fasting blood sugar is pretty high so I have to fix that.

Today has been hard. Getting started is always hard. I am going to go to bed early so I don't have to think about chewing. I know in a few days things will be better. I picked some fresh tomatoes from my garden for my dinner juice. It is a treat because it is our first tomatoes this year.

Las Vegas was fun with my grandkids. I shopped at whole foods for most of our meals but still had a weight gain by about 3 pounds. We picked up our 4th NCL cruise certificate since Christmas. Now I need to decided between Bermuda on the Breakaway or Western Caribbean on the Epic.

cruisingfor5, Great job on your weight loss!

Carol

Hi Everyone!

I was away for a few days last week - a little girl time at the Jersey Shore! - Lots of food - lots of wine. I came home Friday up 1 lb., not bad! By Monday I was even with last week. Now we begin again! As most of you know I'm following South Beach - I have to say after the first two weeks I don't crave the carbs - at least not too much-lol

I still continue to struggle after dinner - I seem to look for something all night!

So as of today I am down 20 LBs - woo hoo!

Well weigh in day was today, and lost 3lbs this week. Now I feel like I am getting somewhere since 2 weeks in a row I stayed the same

Thats great! I am losing good right now but I know I will stall. I always do. How did you keep motivated durring your stall?

Today is the end of my first week of juicing. I lost 13.5 lbs. I lost more than I ever have at juicing or any diet in one week. :) Typicaly with juicing I will lose a pound a day, so I must have been holding on to alot of water. I am doing great when I am at home. Its alot harder when I am out in the world smelling food. I started back at the gym. I am taking it easy. I don't have alot of energy yet. I been mostly walking and swimming then detox in the sauna. I think I can do it. I think I can do it. Chugga chugga choo choo.

Today is the end of my first week of juicing. I lost 13.5 lbs. I lost more than I ever have at juicing or any diet in one week. :) Typicaly with juicing I will lose a pound a day, so I must have been holding on to alot of water. I am doing great when I am at home. Its alot harder when I am out in the world smelling food. I started back at the gym. I am taking it easy. I don't have alot of energy yet. I been mostly walking and swimming then detox in the sauna. I think I can do it. I think I can do it. Chugga chugga choo choo.

Wow 13.5! That is awesome! Even if it is alot of water weight it still feels good :) I lost another 2lbs this week. I will be very happy if I keep getting 2 each week.

Everyone is doing great. Keep it up !

Awesome. 3lbs you got it no problem :) I down another 2lbs and ran a full 5.5k this morning. Slow but didn't walk at all. Hoping to increase my pace before my run in three weeks.

That is awesome!I'm in the home stretch 2 more lbs to go before the cruise in 2 weeks. I know I an do it!!

Good luck with preparing for your run.

Hi to everyone I just happened to see this thread wish I would have seen it sooner.

We are leaving on our cruise in 16 days and I had a weight loss goal of 50 pounds started on June 3rd . I only need 2 more pounds to reach my goal so I am very happy about that. so now have set a new goal of 60 pounds by Oct 15. I have not had a cookie or treat since June 3rd and started riding a bike it had been 48 years since I rode a bike and now I go 12 to 15 miles a ride 5 times a week.

that I think has helped me a lot.

I will keep checking in here.

This will be the first cruise where I will watch better what I eat hope to only gain 5 pounds on the cruise.

Well I met my goal of loosing 25lbs before my cruise on Sept. 27. My goal was to be under 300lbs since everything in Bermuda said weight limit 300lbs. I am now 290. Not much under but hey it is still under.

Congratulations! A goal is a goal and you did well :)

On the side: I just finished a workout and came to vent... A great way to get me to stay on a stationary bike (or any bike for that matter) would be to make the seats less unbearable! You would think, with all the extra padding in my bum the seat wouldn't hurt as much... Cripe.

We leave on Saturday for Tampa - 32 lbs as of today!! 2 lbs over my goal Of course, now I'm afraid to put anything in my mouth -lol

I thought once I lost this much weight, I would be happy to eat anything and everything - but I've worked so hard - I really don't want to gain a lot back. Of course, when I see that warm chocolate molten cake next week - I'm sure all my good thoughts will go right out the window!

We leave on Saturday for Tampa - 32 lbs as of today!! 2 lbs over my goal Of course, now I'm afraid to put anything in my mouth -lol

I thought once I lost this much weight, I would be happy to eat anything and everything - but I've worked so hard - I really don't want to gain a lot back. Of course, when I see that warm chocolate molten cake next week - I'm sure all my good thoughts will go right out the window!

Eat, just plan in exercising to burn it off. A piece of cake would be an hour on the treadmill at a faster pace. If you convert the food to the amount of exercise needed to burn it off, you might find that suddenly a lot of things aren't as appealing.

Archived