Suite Guarantee

SmittyNYC

Curious as to experiences people have had with Suite Guarantee's (W) and the cabins - excuse me, SUITES - you've ended up in? We were lucky enough to grab a guarantee today for our cruise embarking in 6 days (Summit out of San Juan) at the same rate we booked AQ for. Celebrity was great and kept all previous promotion credits in tact as well...

No doubt they're trying to fill the ship with last minute reductions, but as I await my cabin assignment, I'm anticipating a Sky Suite. Could there be more?

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We had a Suite Guarantee last December on the Century and ended up in a SkySuite. It was a terrific cabin at a terrific price. We really liked our cabin and would book it again in a heartbeat.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Good luck on that next cruise.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
;):D;)

[quote name='SmittyNYC']Curious as to experiences people have had with Suite Guarantee's (W) and the cabins - excuse me, SUITES - you've ended up in? We were lucky enough to grab a guarantee today for our cruise embarking in 6 days (Summit out of San Juan) at the same rate we booked AQ for. Celebrity was great and kept all previous promotion credits in tact as well...

No doubt they're trying to fill the ship with last minute reductions, but as I await my cabin assignment, I'm anticipating a Sky Suite. Could there be more?[/quote]Hey lets hope we get the accessible cabins the are 100 sq feet bigger, my game plan is if and when they assign a cabin and I see the accessible cabins still open to call and ask for one.

We booked a suite guarantee on the Equinox, and were assigned a Sky suite. A month before the cruise, we were upgraded to a Celebrity suite...We are not elite, and didn't ask for anything....but boy, did we consider ourselves lucky!

[quote name='insag']Hey lets hope we get the accessible cabins the are 100 sq feet bigger, my game plan is if and when they assign a cabin and I see the accessible cabins still open to call and ask for one.[/quote]

This is my second time on Celebrity, and last time was bumped up to an Accessible Sky Suite due to a flood in our assigned cabin. I'm starting to think I'm not meant to be in anything less on Celebrity! ;)

[quote name='insag']Hey lets hope we get the accessible cabins the are 100 sq feet bigger, my game plan is if and when they assign a cabin and I see the accessible cabins still open to call and ask for one.[/quote]

I would not recommend that, at least on M-Class (not sure about S-Class). While accessible staterooms are significantly larger, this does [I]not [/I]apply once you reach the suite level. On M-Class ships a regular Sky Suite and an accessible Sky Suite are very same size, but the accessible Sky Suite is less desirable if you do not require it for physical reasons. You give up your bathtub/shower combo for a shower with no rim, so you have to lay towels around the perimeter to prevent flooding. There is also less storage space as areas where there are drawers are empty space to allow a wheelchair access (i.e. under the sink). While it is not a huge negative to have an accessible Sky Suite versus a regular Sky Suite (if you have no physical need for an accessible suite), I would think that the vast majority of people would find the regular Sky Suite preferable.

I'm sure level of Captain's Club has an effect on assignments as well. We are elite with 19 sailing credits with X. I only offer this for you to keep it in mind and not set you hopes too high.

We were on Summit in January and 2 weeks before the cruise, grabbed a suite gty paying $400 more than our original cabin. A week before the cruise, we were assigned a royal suite. I've never had a better cabin. The only thing close was the CS we had on Summit in 2004.

Good Luck

[quote name='chessbriar']I'm sure level of Captain's Club has an effect on assignments as well. We are elite with 19 sailing credits with X. I only offer this for you to keep it in mind and not set you hopes too high.

We were on Summit in January and 2 weeks before the cruise, grabbed a suite gty paying $400 more than our original cabin. A week before the cruise, we were assigned a royal suite. I've never had a better cabin. The only thing close was the CS we had on Summit in 2004.

Good Luck[/quote]

We were select and got a great upgrade to Celebrity Suite...others on our cruise who were elite, were offered no upgrade at all

[quote name='terigo']We were select and got a great upgrade to Celebrity Suite...others on our cruise who were elite, were offered no upgrade at all[/quote]You always wonder how they make the decision on these things.

I'm not going to complain though

[quote name='chessbriar']You always wonder how they make the decision on these things.

I'm not going to complain though[/quote]

they might not have ask for one, alot of people select no upgrades at the time of booking..
We saw on sunday that the price was the same as what we had paid so we called and ask for the upgrade since we were not paying anymore why not..
I shared the info to our group on CC so if anybody was interested they called, I think 5 people called and were able to move to better cabins at no cost.. it pays to look at pricing several times prior to the cruise.
we had AQ cabins and ask for W cabins

[quote name='insag']they might not have ask for one, alot of people select no upgrades at the time of booking..
We saw on sunday that the price was the same as what we had paid so we called and ask for the upgrade since we were not paying anymore why not..
I shared the info to our group on CC so if anybody was interested they called, I think 5 people called and were able to move to better cabins at no cost.. it pays to look at pricing several times prior to the cruise.
we had AQ cabins and ask for W cabins[/quote]I did the same thing on our Summit cruise. A bunch of people got nice upgrades. I missed the CC party and there were many who wanted to buy me a drink. Not needed as I just want everyone to have the best vacation for the money they can afford.

Archived