Grand Cayman- jet skiing with kids?

mkleblanc

We are cruising to GC next year with our two children who will be age 11 and 9. My husband and I went to GC last year, just the two of us, and thought if we ever went back it would be fun to rent jet skis and do a tour. We loved Stingray City and will likely want to do it again with the kids but thought jet skiing out there would be really great. My questions to those of you who have done these tours with kids:

How was it? Is 2+ hours too long? What was your experience and who did you book through?

We are cruising to GC next year with our two children who will be age 11 and 9. My husband and I went to GC last year, just the two of us, and thought if we ever went back it would be fun to rent jet skis and do a tour. We loved Stingray City and will likely want to do it again with the kids but thought jet skiing out there would be really great. My questions to those of you who have done these tours with kids:

How was it? Is 2+ hours too long? What was your experience and who did you book through?

Try this jet ski tour. Me and my girlfriend did this tour on our last 2 cruises to the Grand Cayman ( This past January and January 2012). It's fun and you do not have to deal with crowds of people. It was about 2 hours and halfway through the tour you make a stop at the Stingray Sandbar where you interact with stingrays feeding, peting and posing for pics with them. This past January we had some friends from Cali do this same tour and it ended up being a private tour of 8 people. They said they had so much fun and would do it again. If we were going to Grand Cayman on our next cruise we would do this tour again. Hope I was a help.

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm

We are thinking of this same wave runner tour in GC in 2 weeks with 2 kids 12/15. They mention going to a "resort" where you can hang out before or after but no one will tell me which resort. Do you know which resort they are talking about?

I would highly recommend Fat Fish Adventures over ANY other excursion in GCM. Their tour out of Prospect covers the mangroves, Stingray sandbar, the reef, and a stop at Rum Point if time permits. We took their last tour of the day at 1PM and they add more time for the same price so you have time for lunch at Rum POint and a stop at Starfish Point.

But check them to see how they fit your timeframe, and read their reviews on tripadvisor.

I should add that we took this excursion while staying on the island, these guys are recommended over all others by both locals we met and resort staff at the Marriott.

We have the wave runners booked for our group of five in April. (My husband and I, two sons 24 & 16, and an adult friend.) The "resort" is actually the Ramada Grand Caymanian. We are all really looking forward to this excursion!

Wolfroids - How big is the compartment on the jet ski? I assume we can fit a camera, suntan lotion, seapass cards, etc. in it? Could we stuff a towel in there? Were sunglasses sufficient to keep the salt spray out of your eyes while riding?

We have the wave runners booked for our group of five in April. (My husband and I, two sons 24 & 16, and an adult friend.) The "resort" is actually the Ramada Grand Caymanian. We are all really looking forward to this excursion!

Wolfroids - How big is the compartment on the jet ski? I assume we can fit a camera, suntan lotion, seapass cards, etc. in it? Could we stuff a towel in there? Were sunglasses sufficient to keep the salt spray out of your eyes while riding?

The compartment is big enough for your camera, suntan lotion and seapass cards. Theres a small compartment by the seat and a big one in the front of the jetski kinda like a retro Beetle. As far as towels we brought ours with us but didn't really need it til after the excusion was over. There is place before you board the jetski were they will hold your belongings til you get back. Bring your sunglasses because salt water will get into your eyes. My gilfriend forgot to bring hers, she had to learn the hard way about that salt spray and she was the passinger. LOL.

We didn't do the resort because we wanted to Sightsee, shop, get some of the Big Black D hot sauce and some rum cakes.

I hope you guys have fun and enjoy this excusion like our group did.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived