Questions about Seattle-Vancouver Transfers

charliem

I have read a number of posts on this subject but still would appreciate advice before making flight arrangements for an Alaskan B2B cruise out of Vancouver.

Since we have sailed out of Vancouver before, we are considering flying into Seattle two days before our cruise to sightsee (DH has never been to Seattle).

Please share any concerns/problems we should consider for the following. (Especially concerned now with posts about long lines at the border.)

(1) Taking the train or shuttle bus from Seattle the morning our cruise departs Vancouver around 4:00 p.m.

(2) Train or bus after departing the ship back to Seattle with a 6:00 p.m flight. (There are no late flights out of Vancouver into our home town therefore the need to fly home from Seattle.)

Thank you so much for your help!

Linda

For certain I would take the Amtrak Cascades northbound it arrives in Vancouver at 1140 and the Canada Place cruise terminal is only 10 mins away from the train station. Southbound there is no train that will match up with your flight if your flight is the same day as your disembarkation day in Vancouver....in this case I would go with Quick Shuttle which operates daily from Canada Place to SEA during the cruise season....you will arrive in plenty of time for your flight.

Archived