Credit card charge higher than final S&S Bill

dsm711

My credit card was charged $85.00 moe than the final Sail and Sign invoice. Does anyone know why? I didnt charge anymore. Has this happenned to others? I'm going to dispute it with my credit card company unless I hear some reasonable explanation. This has never happenned on NCL and it's the first time I sailed Carnival.

Thanks

DSM711

DSM,

what I understand from these boards it can happen, and does. Many posters have written about it and have offered great tips on keeping daily reciepts etc, I for one, always do a cash account AND keep reciepts. Sorry this happened to you, don't let it spoil your view of the line, call your CC company, mistakes do happen.

Happy Cruising!

My credit card was charged $85.00 moe than the final Sail and Sign invoice. Does anyone know why? I didnt charge anymore. Has this happenned to others? I'm going to dispute it with my credit card company unless I hear some reasonable explanation. This has never happenned on NCL and it's the first time I sailed Carnival.

Thanks

DSM711

I hope you have your sail and sign receipt. I would call CCL and ask them what the problem is. If you cannot get it resolved that way, then contact your credit card company. This problem is not just limited to cruiselines but to hotels as well. We had to change rooms at a hotel in Galveston because the AC stopped working. Because they had to change our arrangements in their computer, it accidently charged us for another room. I did not find out until I received my CC statement. I called the hotel and luckily got the person who remembered what happened and she issued a credit to our account plus a nice discount for the next time we returned. I'm sure it was a mistake that can easily be worked out:)

Just this past April, the same thing happened to us. Call Carnival and ask them for a final bill explaining that you have your final but the credit card was charged more and you'd like to find out why and what the charges were.

They will give you a reference # because they actually have to download your specific account and they tell you it will be mailed to you in a couple of days but to keep the # in case you have to call back again. In our case, the gentleman I spoke with said he would call me back and send the bill as soon as he looked it over. BUT, he never did call back nor did I receive a final bill... but my charge account was credited so he had taken care of it without following up.

Is it possible that you made a phone call, had a late night bar tab closed out, or took stuff out of the mini bar after they had already placed the charges under the door during the night?? We did on one of our cruises- we had a late tab closing and purchases at the coffee/pastry shop which missed the preliminary billing. We just assumed we had gotten "screwed" and in fact, it was us! :)

Thanks

DSM711

You've got to give Carnival a chance to fix the charge before disputing with the CC company.

Archived