certain cabin categories >price reductions?

oratheeexplorer

Just wondering.....any of you frequent cruisers.....do you know if there are certain cabin categories that tend to have more price reductions? I am thinking along the lines of interior cabins or balcony cabins.....on Crown or Emerald Princess for 7 day & 10 day caribbean cruises for January and February

January and early February sailings tend to have some of the lowest fares of the year as the holiday season is over and schools are in session.

Supply and demand will determine which categories will have the better price reductions.

The only cabins I can think of that would have consistent price reductions would be the ones that consistently don't sell well-like those in the bow section.

Other than that, it depends on the cruise and how well it is selling. On my Panama Canal Cruise it was that way-the (back then) lowest rated insides, for example were discounted...

As for the Caribbean, right now, I am booked on a 14 day cruise. Note that on these 14 day cruses, they can also be sold as 2 separate 7 day cruises. People booking 7 day cruises have a big impact on what is available for the 14 day cruises.

For example, on my 14 day beginning Jan 25, on insides, the forward insides are on sale-but, the only one available for that price are on the Lido deck.

Balconies are also discounted, but only one on the Lido deck is available at that price.

So, like I said, it all depends on how it is selling.

Right now the mid January ones have better prices than February. But mid January could be kind of chilly in Ft. Lauderdale prior to sailing out of there...and when I looked at average rainfall for the southern caribbean ports, January has more rainfall then February does....so pros and cons about both....and boy does that 10 day southern caribbean medley look wonderful!

As for the Caribbean, right now, I am booked on a 14 day cruise. Note that on these 14 day cruses, they can also be sold as 2 separate 7 day cruises. People booking 7 day cruises have a big impact on what is available for the 14 day cruises.

For example, on my 14 day beginning Jan 25, on insides, the forward insides are on sale-but, the only one available for that price are on the Lido deck.

Balconies are also discounted, but only one on the Lido deck is available at that price.

A good travel agent can get Princess to book a cabin currently only available for individual cruise booking as one for the b2b pricing in the same category.

Right now the mid January ones have better prices than February. But mid January could be kind of chilly in Ft. Lauderdale prior to sailing out of there...and when I looked at average rainfall for the southern caribbean ports, January has more rainfall then February does....so pros and cons about both....and boy does that 10 day southern caribbean medley look wonderful!

Coming from Alaska, Jan temps in FLL would have to be close to zero to feel Chilly to me...:D

As for rain, that can be hit or miss. On our Panama Canal cruise, we were in the rainy season. It raid twice out of 17 days (it did rain overnight too, but I didn't care about that).

For me, it will be a real improvement.:)

A good travel agent can get Princess to book a cabin currently only available for individual cruise booking as one for the b2b pricing in the same category.

That is true. I do not know if that was true in this case, but the cabin we have is just fine with me.

Archived