Whittier tours

mdwfolsom1

We are taking the train from Anchorage to Whittier for our curuise on August 21st. The train gets in at 12:05 pm and the cruise does not depart till 8:30 pm so we were thinking of doing a boat tour in Whittier before getting on the boat. I see there are a couple different tours (26 Glacier Cruise, Glacier Quest and Major Marine Tours). Any feedback on these tours or if we should skip them and just get on the boat early?

This is a top tour choice, that I always do, when I'm in Whittier. All the tours are excellent. There are some coupon offers to consider- which I use in my selections.

Both companies are extremely well run and long time vendors, offering consistantly excellent tours. Major Marine has an enhanced food purchase option with Copper River Salmon. BUT I never, give the food any priority and freely dump it if something good starts happening outside. :)

What do YOU want to do with your time. I see no good argument to rush on to a ship in Alaska, although the majority of people do. :)

Alternatively- if you get a car rental, you could have a full day of additional touring.

Depends on you.

Archived