Will we get Tikal

Lrob

You all have been so great with the advice, I am heading to the well once more. Regatta will stop in Puerto Quezal Guatemala on December 28. Port time is 12 to 8. Hoping for ship to do a tour to Tikal. However, looking at past tours I see that they run about 8 to 9.5 hours. Is this a sign that I may be out of luck or is this a likely tour?

Anybody stop at PQ when this tour was not offerred?

Thanks!

We were on Riviera in late Jan. 2013. Tikal was sold out. They used two charter planes to get us there. One plane was larger than the other. They therefore have flexibility in the size of the groups. Small plane, medium size plane or both planes. We were divided into two groups when we got to Tikal because of the large number of people booked on Oceania's tour.

Awesome site. Hope you enjoy!

Oceania did the tour from the Atlantic side out of Santo Tomas. (two small charter planes) We were the first off in the morning and the last back in the evening. HAL's Statendam did it from Puerto Quezal. It's highly likely that Oceania will also offer the tour from Puerto Quezal.

I concur, it is an awesome site!

I agree that it is an awesome sight ... but it's seen much better when all the day trippers have left.

We spent 3 nights there. Obviously you cannot do that on a cruise! But that is the best way to see Tikal.

(The highlight of the stay there for our fellow travelers was when DH walked into the pool reading his book ...)

But for US, it was going into the site at night. Or early in the morning ...

DH did enjoy the sight of the young lady in the miniskirt climbing up the temple while we were down on the ground ... Just note: Ladies, be sure to wear pants when you go there!

Mura

Archived