Simply the Best! Allure of the Seas E. Caribbean March 3rd-10th with pics!!

After our scenic drive to the Orient, we had finally arrived at Orient Bay/Bikini Beach. It was such an adorable beach with charming grass looking set ups that housed a restaurant, shower facilities/restrooms, and even water sports options. It was heaven!

We snagged two chairs by the water (costing us 12 dollars for both of us) complete with a small table and an umbrella for our relaxing afternoon at the beach.

Wow....your review is amazing :) I have a couple of questions about Bikini beach. You got both chairs and umbrella for $12.00? Did you have to buy lunch here for that deal? We were on Orient beach in March also, but went to Kakao beach and they charged us $20.00 for 2 chairs! Also....do you know if Bikini beach has free wifi?

After our scenic drive to the Orient, we had finally arrived at Orient Bay/Bikini Beach. It was such an adorable beach with charming grass looking set ups that housed a restaurant, shower facilities/restrooms, and even water sports options. It was heaven!

We snagged two chairs by the water (costing us 12 dollars for both of us) complete with a small table and an umbrella for our relaxing afternoon at the beach.

Wow....your review is amazing :) I have a couple of questions about Bikini beach. You got both chairs and umbrella for $12.00? Did you have to buy lunch here for that deal? We were on Orient beach in March also, but went to Kakao beach and they charged us $20.00 for 2 chairs! Also....do you know if Bikini beach has free wifi?

We did eat lunch at the beach that day but it didn't factor into the chair pricing. I checked again with Rob (whom has been reading my review as well) and there's a correction, we got them for 20 bucks as well! Sorry about that!!! I tend to forget some details as there's so much to remember!!

Sorry you missed the ice show. So the ship changes time? I thought it always stayed on the same time.

We happened to cruise during daylight savings time (spring forward) and that's where things got a little wonky. I was soo bummed about missing the show! Broke my heart a little bit but hey you can't win em all!

To the rest of my readers, sorry about being away! the review is alive and well I assure you! Its been a hectic few weeks with Rob leaving to go out of town soon and getting him ready for that, volunteer work and regular work, plus the fiasco in Boston (I have a very close friend in the Boston area) its been just...wow. I will have more posted this afternoon as I FINALLY have a day off from anything! Hang tight everyone, I will be back!!!

xoxo Missy xoxo

Chapter 13: The finale.

After naptime, it was time to make further headway on packing up the luggage to get ready for debarkation in the morning. We would be carrying our luggage off ourselves due to the fact that we had a rather early flight that morning. I left out the dress that I had worn the first night of the cruise to dinner for tonight's meal and packed away all my other outfits and shoes. I decided to wear a pair of flip flops to dinner being that they were easy to pack and I could pack them last. In the morning, my Crocs were to be my shoe of choice (going through security was a breeze coming to FL due to the fact that the Crocs slipped on and off conveniently).

After everything was packed and I had double checked and tripled checked, Rob picked me up for the last time for our dinner in the MDR. He ended up picking me up rather early so that we could catch the Move it Move it parade on the Promenade. This parade was something to see!! It featured characters from the Dreamworks films and some amazing dancing and music. It was so much fun!

We left a little bit before the parade ended to beat the throngs of people heading to the Adagio for their dinner seating the same as us. We arrived a little after 8:30 and took our seats for what would be our final meal onboard the Allure of the Seas. I was certainly getting a smidge misty eyed this evening as I looked around the room. I had seen these passengers every night laughing, talking and sharing in a meal with each other and I was going to miss that. I had made so many memories during this trip and it was one that I was never going to forget.

We ordered our meals and since I'm a creature of habit, I went with the usual Royal shrimp cocktail {I know, not a very spectacular final hurrah}. For the main course, I opted for the pasta dish in a very delicious creamy sauce with tomatoes.

DSCF4796_zpsde725334.jpg

For desert, I decided to have some vanilla ice cream. Simple, but delicious!!!!

After dinner, our wait staff did a wonderful farewell song and dance for us as a sendoff and thank you for us during our trip. I know I had my ups and downs in the MDR but it was truly a wonderful experience. Honestly, I had major waterworks during the farewell performance. I wasn't ready to leave. We were very fortunate to have a picture with our wait staff to commemorate our final cruise meal.

DSCF4797_zps7afda75b.jpg

DSCF4793_zpsab211ceb.jpg

After dinner, we headed back to the room to finish up any packing needed. Walking down the hallways was so surreal leading back to the room. Just six days ago, we were getting onboard and settling in. I was full of emotions of excitement, wonder, fear, and amazement. Now, I was full of joy and sadness. there's nothing more touching than seeing all the luggage being picked up by the cabin staff and taken away to the belly of the ship to only be seen until we disembarked in Ft. Lauderdale.

I had procrastinated as far as buying any souvenirs in the gift shop and wanted to save this for the final night so that I could just pack them in the bag and not forget them. I headed down to The Shop and snagged some keychains for each port of call and a really very cute Allure of the Seas t shirt.

Back in the room, I sadly plugged in my iPhone that I had retrieved from the safe along with all of my other important items as well. I knew, that in a matter of hours, I would be back to reality. The adventure would be over. Only to be picked up on another voyage.

DSCF4798_zps26590049.jpg

Chapter 14: All ashore that's going ashore.

Its early.

Its still.

Its time.

We awoke around 5:30 and prepared for our 6:30 debarkation from the ship. I had smartly showered the night before and thus was able to save time as far as getting ready. Rob was up way before any of us and watched the sunset from the sundeck and the docking of the ship. Sandy was ready to go before all of us and was out of the room with her bags at around 6:10. I gingerly gathered my things, got dressed in my clothes I would be wearing on the plane, and with one more final glance, I exited our home away from home.

We headed to the Amber Theater to receive further instruction on how debarkation would work and where we would exit. No later than about 6:20 we were on the gangway scanning our SeaPass cards for the final time and heading off the ship. I had tears in my eyes and wasn't ready to leave. But like all good things, this venture had come to an end.

Once off the ship, we headed into the cruise terminal and over to the customs counters. I went solo as I wasn't in a family party but by myself. Cleared customs with no problem and we made our way outside to the taxis that were already waiting to take passengers to the Ft. lauderdale airport. I gazed out the window and watched our ship disappear into the distance. I watched until the city life had swallowed the ocean line whole.

I thought I would be alright once we got on the plane due to the amount of time my brain had to process what was happening. I think what sealed the deal for me was having our plane fly right over Allure.

My adventure was truly amazing. I had some amazing experiences, saw some amazing places, and made some wonderful memories. I wouldn't trade any of these things for the world. I would most certainly do it all again and again and again. Who knows where my next adventure will take me. I can definitely say, that after this first cruise, I have definitely caught the cruise bug!!! There's no turning back now!

And with that my friends, I can truly say. That my voyage onboard the Allure of the Seas.....was SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!

IMG_0873_zpsabb7bc0d.jpg

xoxo Missy and Rob xoxo

Thank you everyone for the wonderful feedback so far. I'm a little sad that my review is over!!! I will have a packing list section and an Allure of the Seas q &a with tips and tricks as well. I will also do my best to get the various compasses scanned in as well as the professional portraits that Rob and I had taken.

There will be plenty of more reviews!! Going on the whale tale hopefully in September so you will be seeing and hearing of mine and Ziggy's adventures again!!!

PLease, if you all need some questions answered and would like to see them in the Q and A section, let me know and I will be sure to include them!! Thanks!!!

xoxo Missy

Thank you everyone for the kind words!! I cannot wait to write another review. Hoping to be able to go on our next cruise in September on Carnival. It'll be exciting to see the difference between the two lines and also with the different experiences.

thanks for the wonderful review!!!!

a question for you....i've posted this in other allure reports...

for an adults only cruise, what do you think is the best cabin location? both in terms of deck and forward vs aft...

i want to try to be near the stairs, but i can't figure out if forward or aft is better...and how high or low to be...

i'm pretty sure it will be an ocean balcony room (as opposed to boardwalk balcony), but WHERE?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

thanks!!! :)

Edited by alaska_planner

Thank you everyone for the wonderful feedback so far. I'm a little sad that my review is over!!! I will have a packing list section and an Allure of the Seas q &a with tips and tricks as well. I will also do my best to get the various compasses scanned in as well as the professional portraits that Rob and I had taken.

There will be plenty of more reviews!! Going on the whale tale hopefully in September so you will be seeing and hearing of mine and Ziggy's adventures again!!!

PLease, if you all need some questions answered and would like to see them in the Q and A section, let me know and I will be sure to include them!! Thanks!!!

xoxo Missy

Great ship and great review. Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us.:)

alaska planner: we were on deck 10; central park view and it was rather quiet and the view at night was spectacular. Central Park is a great place to go visit the wine bar Vintages before dinner or go to Giovannis for a special dinner. Our room was close to the front of the ship and it was perfectly peaceful during all times of the day. There were also ocean view balconies on our deck and we weren't too far from the stairs at all.

Hope that helps!

Gambee's mom: thank you so much! I've been on board reading the review of yours and Gambee's recent sailing on X and its been inspiring me for my next cruise onboard Carnival in the not too distant. Looking forward to writing again! ever since my sailing I've been itching to cruise again!

xoxo Missy

Looking forward to writing again! ever since my sailing I've been itching to cruise again!

xoxo Missy

LOL, I know how you feel cause ever since my first cruise in 08' I got bit by the cruisin bug too! I can't wait until my Allure cruise in June. Your review was great!

• 1 month later...

Hi Missy,

I am a little late to the party here, but I LOVED your review. I think my favorite picture is the lobster night photo of you and your American Hero. Please accept our family's thanks for his service and going forward yours as you support him. You are a beautiful young lady inside (most importantly) and out. Continue to care for the puppies and Rob and enjoy each day. I am traveling next year on the Allure and enjoyed your review.

Hi Missy,

I am a little late to the party here, but I LOVED your review. I think my favorite picture is the lobster night photo of you and your American Hero. Please accept our family's thanks for his service and going forward yours as you support him. You are a beautiful young lady inside (most importantly) and out. Continue to care for the puppies and Rob and enjoy each day. I am traveling next year on the Allure and enjoyed your review.

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for the wonderful words and comments. So glad that you loved the review! No worries on being late to the party, the party never stops (well kinda! lol). So glad tat I could give you an inside look from my eyes at the Allure and I hope you enjoy your cruise on her. She was truly a wonder and it was super awesome to have sailed on her for my first cruise.

I will most definitely thank him for you and your family and you are most welcome for my support. I told him that no matter where the Army takes him, I'll be there right by his side. It truly is a blessing each day to be a military girlfriend.

I hope to write another review when I take my next cruise ( was supposed to be at some point this year but due to some unexpected challenges, they may not happen). Hopefully as good if not better than this one!

Thanks again so much for reading along!

I just found your review!!! What an incredible adventure! You brought back all the excitement of my first cruise...so many years ago! Enjoy your future cruises...each of them will provide you a different 'experience' than the one before!

P.S. I am also from R.H. MI. Maybe I will get to meet you and Rob in person! :)

I just found your review!!! What an incredible adventure! You brought back all the excitement of my first cruise...so many years ago! Enjoy your future cruises...each of them will provide you a different 'experience' than the one before!

P.S. I am also from R.H. MI. Maybe I will get to meet you and Rob in person! :)

Oh how awesome!!! It was an incredible adventure absolutely!! We hail from C.T. MI and are always out at the dog mall with our pups. I would love to meet a fellow CC'er from MI. ALways great to meet new friends!

• 2 months later...

So friends! Its been a while since I've posted and I totally forgot to post the professional fancy schmancy photos that Rob and I took on our Allure cruise.

We did our shoot out of the Picture This photo studio located on deck 8 in Central Park. Our shoot was at 6:30 a little after sunset and it was phenomenal. We took shots in the following locations

Central Park- Outside areas.

Central Park- Vintages wine bar

The Boardwalk- Carousel

The Boardwalk- ambiance areas

The Boardwalk- Aqua Theater

Our photo shoot took about 1hr 1/2 - about 2 hours and we had 2 photographers to follow us about and take awesome shots. Central Park was truly BEAUTIFUL and very romantic at night. Most of our final shots we selected from Central Park and Vintages. They also took a few shots in the actual studio.

There was no sitting fee or charge for the viewing of our proofs. Just a charge for the ones we wanted to purchase. We had well over 800 photos to choose from! it was super hard for the both of us to agree on what to get seeing as Rob isn't a huge picture taking person but he still found it to be a pretty intimate and wonderful experience for the both of us.

The pictures were pretty pricey. Ours came out to be about $580 bucks (this included the shipping and handling being that our photos weren't finished before the end of our sailing). We got 8X10s, 5X7s, and we also got a large photo to frame when we were ready (I neglected to snap a photo of this one). HOpe you all enjoy our shots! Please let me know if you have any questions!

<3 Missy <3

1305245_10200679667974762_1063875351_n_zps83da0448.jpeg

1232574_10200679666774732_1313110058_n_zpsd6cb2e58.jpeg

994588_10200679654614428_1670340328_n_zps89396175.jpeg

1057561_10200679663974662_1678500618_n_zps73f8658b.jpeg

1289913_10200679661534601_1182756742_n_zpsef105e53.jpeg

1057561_10200679663974662_1678500618_n_zps2596e80a.jpeg

• 4 months later...