Simply the Best! Allure of the Seas E. Caribbean March 3rd-10th with pics!!

I love the photos of Ziggy! I'm bringing a little (and I mean little) friend as well! My coworkers and I adopted him (and freed him from a cage) when someone carelessly left him behind. Everyone at work has been asking if I would be taking our little rescue with me on Allure, and since he works so hard with the rest of us (he's so dedicated... it feels like he's always there) I thought he deserved a vacation as well!

Everyone, please meet Philip...

689f186b-6231-44b3-8620-d5d865258b50_zps49e0e41b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0689f186b-6231-44b3-8620-d5d865258b50_zps49e0e41b.jpg

Anybody want to take a guess where we work? :rolleyes:

Okay, that's it. I am going to bring a mascot onboard as well.

Hello friends,

just to give you all an update on what's been going on, I awoke yesterday with severe nausea, headache, dizziness, dehydration, and vomiting. I was (and still am) very weak and lethargic. Went to the doctor who did some tests and confirmed that based on my symptoms (I was unable to keep down water) that I have a nasty strain of norovirus quite possibly picked up on the cruise. On a liquid diet restriction and am still feeling pretty crappy. Luckily, Rob's a nurse and will be taking good care of me (lets hope needles aren't involved!)

Once I'm 100% again, I will proceed with the review. I hate to put it on hold.

Thank you all for being so concerned. I really appreciate it.

Missy

Hello friends,

just to give you all an update on what's been going on, I awoke yesterday with severe nausea, headache, dizziness, dehydration, and vomiting. I was (and still am) very weak and lethargic. Went to the doctor who did some tests and confirmed that based on my symptoms (I was unable to keep down water) that I have a nasty strain of norovirus quite possibly picked up on the cruise. On a liquid diet restriction and am still feeling pretty crappy. Luckily, Rob's a nurse and will be taking good care of me (lets hope needles aren't involved!)

Once I'm 100% again, I will proceed with the review. I hate to put it on hold.

Thank you all for being so concerned. I really appreciate it.

Missy

Feel better, Missy! That is a miserable way to spend your post-cruise time. I know. I came home once from a cruise with a nasty, horrible strain of food poisoning after a cruise. I got sick the last day at sea. I went to the ER as soon as I got home. They treated me for noro-virus, but I got a call from them a couple days later and told me to go immediately to my PCP as I actually had Campobacter, which very dangerous. It had to be reported to the CDC & the whole bit. It gives a whole new meaning to PCD!:eek:

Great review so far Missy, enjoying it very much. I`m sailing with Princess in January but I am slowly (and secretly) researching the Allure (hubby will find out later LOL).

Hope you feel better soon and Ziggy, I`m sure, is keeping you company :D

Missy, hope you are feeling better soon. You are not alone with feeling bad. Just talked to friends who were in Disney last week and the whole family had a stomach bug when there :(, my guess it was noro. It's that time of year.

DSCF4489_zps6a77d4fa.jpg

me with my honey <3

I like that view, this was my sailaway spot on Allure and will be again in 35 more days. The week we were there is was fleet week, so there was a small aircraft carrier in the place where Carnival Freedom is in this pic. It was fun to watch the carrier, but this should give a nice view of the ship I've only seen from a distance. Maybe I should make up a sign, "Free Towing, call AAA" or "Our toliets work, how about yours?"

DSCF4572_zps9b88033c.jpg

The pork chop was perfectly soft and moist and the sauce was very tasty as well. The veggies had a garlic flavoring to them and were quite tasty!

Yea! I am a pork chop lover, but its hard to find good ones, even in high end restaurants. I haven't cruised on a 7 day cruise since the new menu, this was good news to me. (I did have a very good pork chop on Jewel last year.

Another thanks!

Missy,

Hope you are feeling better!

Really enjoying your review. You are doing a great job. Every posting makes me smile. Glad you've joined our cruising addicts group.

Looking forward to the rest of your review and your future reviews.

689f186b-6231-44b3-8620-d5d865258b50_zps49e0e41b.jpg

Anybody want to take a guess where we work? :rolleyes:

The Olive Garden! I worked at one (actually trained and opened the new restaurant) wayyyyyyyyyy back in 1995 just before DH and I got married ... needed extra $$$ for the wedding/honeymoon!

Oh yeah ... get better Missy! Loving your review ... as you can see below, we are scheduled for next June 2014!!!! Woohoo!

Good evening everyone! I am back! So incredibly happy! I am doing a lot better since a few days ago but still taking it easy as far as what I am able to eat (I got my craving back for potato chips and some other yummy things I picked up for once I'm better so I think that's a good sign). Thank you all so much for your concerns and thoughts. They mean so much to me and really put a smile on my face when I was blue. :)

scf18: omg that is Olive Garden!! We eat there all the time. Your critter is too cute! And compact, Ziggy was quite impressed.

jhnsfamily: thank you for the words. Congrats on being booked for June 2014! You are going to love it, will that be your first sailing on Allure?

lakelorain: thank you! definitely a cruise addict now. Once I was off the ship I was literally trying to figure out how to get back on the ship. Our cabin steward suggested I hide under the bed, he promised he wouldn't tell anybody ;)! *Sigh* if only that would have worked. I do have another sailing on Allure planned for November with my mom. She hasn't cruised in 20 years and I want her to have the same adventures I did. I thought it'd be special to share it with her! And then another one (hopefully) in september as well! I've caught the cruise bug (the good and the bad if you think about it! :P).

BillOH: YES! That pork chop was yummy! I am a huge pork chop can and I consider myself to be the conosuer of my family (lol) and I thought it was simply delicious!

I've also deemed that spot our traditional sailaway spot from now on on Allure. Next time we sail her, I want to get a picture of us there as well. I think someone actually may have had a sign that said "our toilets work, do yours". I chuckled silently but shook my head... my oh my.

aalden: Thanks for reading along! It was an amazing trip and I seriously cannot wait to do it again.

akcruz: Ouch! Big bummer to your friends who were in Disney. My doctor says that its going around with those who travel during this time of the year. He was surprised that it took so long to manifest itself in me. He would have thought that I would have been sick either on or right after the cruise. None the less, noro is a strange thing. A strange and icky thing! Thank you so much for the kind words.

jakesmom: Thank you! It'll be good to start writing again, I did miss it a bunch while in bed. Just didn't have the energy for it :-(.

cruisegirl79:Yes, Ziggy did keep me company! He insisted on wearing a mask in some instances (this may have happened at some point, I live with a nurse so anything is possible) but after I told him that he's already been exposed, he gave up the hysterics! He likes our room better than the dashboard of my car! LOL for secret cruise research! Hope you enjoy Princess! I've wanted to try them out, Rob's done them before and he liked it a lot.

Shilky: Thank you for the prayers! They came through!

Arizona Laura: Almost did need IV fluids at one point (was scared to drink anything) but I decided to wise up and give it a shot (under Rob's watchful eye). It got scary to the point that Rob would leave a key so that way if EMS had to be called, they could get into the apartment and be able to help me. I was a bit scared and I didn't really realize how bad I was. Very glad that a visit to the doctor was what I needed.

Gambee: Yes! Purell, Purell, Purell! I cannot tell you enough how important that stuff is. That and just handwashing period. I did the whole "sit in the bathroom and listen to how many do and do not wash their hands". So shocked during my cruise at how many did NOT wash their hands (I did all the time. It was so shocking to me how many did not). I realized now you're probably set sail on your next adventure. Have so much fun, cannot wait to hear about it!

Lioness and Sunny AZ Girl: Thank you guys for the thoughts as well! Very appreciative of them all. Sunny, yipes! That sounds like some scary stuff! Glad that you're okay after that, I can only imagine how that must have been. I would have probably been terrified had it been me (but then again I get scared about a lot of things).

Lloyd: YES! another convert to the cruise critter society! Do it! Its tons of fun! You don't even have to take them everywhere (for example, Ziggy, NEVER went with us to the MDR. I toyed with the notion of taking him on one formal night as I had a bow tie for him to look fancy but left him in the state room to hang with the towel animals.) and plus they fit easily in a totebag while in port and make for good photos and conversations. Sometimes the cabin stewards will do some cute surprises with them too. I think there's a lady that did a review here on CC with some Angry Birds on her carnival cruise and it was an absolute RIOT! If I can find it I'll link it, or better yet, if any of my CC friends know which review I'm talking about, please share it here. I was in stitches over the shenanigans and places the birds were!

This post was kinda lengthy but I wanted to take the time to thank each and every one of you for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers sent my way. I am so appreciative of you all for coming along with me on my journey down memory lane of my cruise and for being so wonderful while I was under the weather. There shall be more to come as soon as I get it all laid out and ready to go! Once again, thank you!!

<3 Missy <3

Missy, where to begin...

...first, a big thank-you and hug to your amazing boyfriend for his service to our country...

...second, a big thank-you to you for your shout-out to me in your opening post...I am humbled...!

...third, WHAT AN AMAZING REVIEW! I am so glad you caught the cruisin' bug, because this means you'll be posting more reviews in the future!!! Woot!

From a fellow broken-foot cruiser to another, aren't you glad you're not wearing that boot anymore? Hee...and I'm glad you're feeling better from your illness right now...

Thanks for posting this review -and thanks for visiting my review...yours is EPIC, as well. :) Keep on cruisin', sista! :)

Thank you everyone for the wonderful feedback! I know I say thank you a lot but these comments mean a lot to me!

BillOH: YES! I was soo excited to see these chips as they're my favorite as well! So yummy especially with ranch dip (mmmmmmM!)

To the lady who's going on her first cruise for her wedding anniversary from the UK: Congratulations!! You will love it!! Get some pictures taken at the Picture This studio. Rob and I had some done on our cruise and they came out beautiful! A bit pricey and we won't get them in for another 6-8 weeks but I feel like it was worth it. If anyone has any feedback on this experience, please, feel free to share!

To Ziggy fans: Ziggy was an awesome cruise companion! He didn't go everywhere with us (i.e. he didn't dine with us in the MDR, I left in the room to rest and hang out with Elphie the Elephant and the towel animals) but when he did it was fun to have him explore with us and be apart of the memories. Ziggy even has his own blog which is still under construction. Details to soon follow!!!

My voyage was so much fun on the Allure and to those of you who are first timers or sailing on her soon, you are in for a treat. Its an amazing vessel and its always such an amazingly fun party! Enjoy it to the tee cause once its over its over and its so sad :-(. Here's to happy waves and cruisin to all you guys!!

I'll have more up later tonight, got tons to do today plus I want to try and get some video footage uploaded of my cabin. Should have that posted for you guys later today!

P.S. Who out there has a cruise critter like Ziggy? Let me know! If not, its cool! I've posted on the cruise critter thread, just curious.

<3 Missy <3

On my last cruise, I took 3 cruise critters to Alaska because of my neices. The girls enjoyed seeing their adventures on the cruise. Keep the review going, I'm enjoying it!